“Nice Place”
Review of El Pueblo Lodge

El Pueblo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on our way home following 6 nights at another hotel elsewhere. The El Pueblo is vintage but is very up to date. Our queen room had many nice touches such as hammered steel and tile mirror frames, antique furniture, modern tile in the bath and a rope border around the beamed ceiling. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was peaceful and although the selection wasn't extensive, it was satisfying. I'd stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Came into Taos NM at around 12:30am from oklahoma. After a 10 hour drive my family was looking forward to a couple warm beds in the top rated lodge on trip advisor in Taos. I went to the front desk, no one was there. I rang the bell and waited. No one came. I double checked the lobby hours, they were posted as being open until 2am. I rang the bell again for the attendant. Again no one came. I waited for at least 20 minutes hoping someone would come to check us in, but no such luck. I returned to my car and we roomed for the night at the lodge across the street. Their front desk was manned and the attendant was super friendly also they were $40 less for the night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
skibumsIdaho, Manager at El Pueblo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

My sincerest apologies to you and your family that no one was at the desk to greet you after your long journey! This is definitely not our standard of care for our guests. This issue will be addressed immediately with the staff to see why there was an unfortunate lapse in service. If you could please let me know the dates you were here, i can speak directly to the staff on at the time.
Thank you again for your feedback. I hope in the future you will give us another chance to become your " go to" place in Taos . Please contact me personally if you would like to make any arrangements. Thank you- Kim eplmngr@newmex.com

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We spent three nights here and will definitely check in again next trip. The room was quiet, impeccably clean and pleasantly retro/chic, with all the amenities you could want. The "continental breakfast" was expansive and varied in options beyond what you would normally expect and the hot tub was a great finish after dining out in the evenings. Easy hike to town central/restaurants/shops, etc. and friendly staff make this a standout for us.

Room Tip: We liked the "old" section of rooms near the street, 105 being very nice and quiet, even t...
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We were desperate to find a place that was reasonably priced and this was the only one, so we booked it over the phone as we were driving into Taos. The rooms are spacious and clean and have a nice feel to them. We went in October so it was not high season, so the place was fairly quiet. The included breakfast is plentiful and really great -- one of the best buffet breakfasts outside of Europe. Except for one person, the staff was really nice and accommodating and friendly. Giving it 4 stars instead of 5 because of that one staff person who happened to be the owner - unfriendly, mean lady. Why bother being there if you can't be nice to your guests? She has good staff so might as well allow them to be friendly since the owner doesn't know how to smile or be friendly. I noticed that when the owner-lady was around the staff were more reserved and bit less friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room towards the back for quietude.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Falasafa
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Check in with staff was friendly, I especially liked the two house residence dogs! Always a good sign of a friendly place to stay.
Staff upgraded our room reservation at no extra cost. The rooms are very nice and cozy. I like that you can park next to your room and unload. The courtyard is very nice, makes it a place you can stay for many days. Easy walk to town but a bonus is having a brew pub across the street. It was being remodeled so was closed.
The best night sleep with comfy beds and linens. I wish I could have a motel like this at every location but then it would end up being a chain of typical hotels like days inns. Love tis place, the best!!!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Spent 3 nights for a detour to Taos Ski Valley. First impression from the street isn't grand but rooms are very nice and the all of the staff went out of their way to please. We had a room without a fireplace but it was large with nice leather chair and ottoman, comfortable queen bed with fluffy down comforter, small fridge and coffee maker. Delightful breakfast area with enclosed patio and several small nooks. Staff provided me a rag to wipe down my skis and prior to our early departure I was able to fill a thermos with coffee.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We paid $87 for a one night stay. The rooms are large and comfortable. Breakfast is enjoyed on the outdoor patio under the heat lamps. There are a number of outdoor areas to hang out, including a patio off our room. Front office is friendly and helpful. It is about a fifteen minute walk to downtown. Pet friendly, it seemed like every room had a dog - ours did not! We liked that it was located away from the congestion of downtown - Kit Carson Road can get backed up. Would stay here again when we return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple