“A surprise recommendation”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Columbia, Maryland
“A surprise recommendation”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our wilderness guide Stuart Wilde recommend we stay here, and it was an amazing find. I wished we had more time - It was where we stayed to clean up following 3 days backpacking in the wilderness, so the shower was extra wonderful, the beds extra soft, but the walls a bit thin - Which probably wouldn't have been an issue had there not been a sleepless crying baby next door. The courtyard area was gorgeous, and this hotel while not in the heart of Taos is definitely within walking distance. Had we not already committed to breakfast at Michael's Kitchen, we would have been satisfied with the breakfast and view options here. The early morning availability of coffee was an added bonus! A great delight!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank adventuresome4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
La Veta, Colorado
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I live in Southern Co. Taos is a short 2 hr. drive and we needed to just get away for
a few days and not do anything. El Pueblo seemed to be the answer and boy were we right
It's the kind of place with the beautiful grounds that you can just sit and watch the world go by
and be content, huge cottonwoods, picnic tables, barbecue area, I could live here! The free
breakfast was fairly typical in variety, it all tasted fresh, what kicked it up 10 notches was the lady
that handled the breakfast, that woman knows how to treat people and certainly deserves mention, I believe her name is Lupita, She's a reason on her own to return. Our room was an older building that housed the casita's, the room with an excellent king bed was small with no seating possibilities for TV viewing other than the bed, but it's Taos in the summer!!! All the staff
were very friendly and not afraid to speak with you. I guess for me I could sit here and critique every little thing, but the bottom line is I'd go back just cause I felt good there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom G
Brevard, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Old style motel, but amazing inside! Quiet, clean and lovely decorations. Very close to downtown Taos. I would recommend this to everyone and would stay here again if I were in Taos. The breakfast was nice also.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Judy H
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This place is a very nice, clean, comfortable, centrally located place to stay. It is obviously an older building but the rooms are modern and well kept; you don't walk in the door thinking "old place, new furniture". The decor is very fitting in Taos, the bed comfortable, and lots of space. The bathroom is lovely with places to set toiletries and a nice shower. This will be our first choice when coming to Taos.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with one queen bed so had a nice chair with ottoman.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie S
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Been to Taos many times and always stay at El Pueblo. Wonderful rooms, comfy beds and such a warm and welcoming staff, it's like "coming home" each and every time. This particular trip I was traveling with my granddaughter who became ill late one evening. The gentleman at front desk was so helpful giving me directions to emergency room at hospital and the next day we were told it was no problem to have a late check-out so that my granddaughter had a little more time to recuperate. Can't thank everyone enough for being to sweet and helpful. Wonderful peaceful place to stay in Taos, you will love it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gooddbubbles
Papillion, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stopped for one one night on our way to Cannon AFB. We had a lovely pet friendly room which opened to a courtyard in the back and had a fireplace.
Staff was so friendly. The room was beautiful, large and clean. Breakfast was fabulous the next morning. It was cold and rainy but we ate on the covered patio anyway. Dishes were real and the service was excellent.
I was sad to leave but will hopefully return someday for a weekend getaway without the kids!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa C
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Taos visitor center sent me when I asked bout lodging and said I didn't want to spend $150 a night. great recommendation ( and thank u visitors center). big quiet campus, lots of lawn, scattered tables/ chairs, pool, quick check in, beautiful rooms ( had twin queen), pretty, close to everything, quiet, good breakfast, I don't need to say more.....

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo