The Historic Taos Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Monte Sagrado(Taos)
  • Pool
1,396 results
All reviewsadobe barlive musicdoc martinshelen's housenightly entertainmentmain buildingcourtyard roomgreat musicnew mexicowithin walking distancecentral locationmiddle of townhistoric taoskit carsonkiva fireplaceart galleriesadobe walls
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This place is a great location but a little expensive for what it is. We were pleasantly greeted and the staff is very nice. The pillows are hard and the beds are not super comfortable. It was nice enough - but I have stayed in much nicer places for less han what they charge. We were on the end of the unit and the noise of cars coming in and out of the parking area all night was quite disruptive.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms that are adjacent to the parking lot (which is in back on the east side (far right on the floor plan))
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The Historic Taos Inn is a great place to stay with a kind of Old town charm to it with really good margaritas. The staff is friendly and the rooms are all very unique. A fun place to stay with lots of New Mexico charm. Location is right in the middle of everything that is happening in Taos. A must stay at least once.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014

A group of friends and I stay here every Super Bowl weekend for skiing, shopping and site seeing. Taos Inn would be like any other well ran hotel except for the fact of the live music in the lobby every evening. This is high quality music in a intimate setting. Drinks can be served directly to you as well as a great menu to order from. Property is old but that's what gives it character. The staff is great, helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Court yard is the way to go.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank trchief
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Price was ridiculous. I had to pay $40 more to assure we didn't trash the room. I never got the money back and all we did was sleep there.... well actually we didn't the heater was broken and on all night. we were unable to sleep because of how hot it was and when we told the managers about it they laughed and said it's better than being cold. Everyone at the hotel was rude, and I will never stay there again. It was hard to open door and the smaller than a closet room was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank sunniep11
mexicotomaine, General Manager at The Historic Taos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear sunniep11-

We are very disappointed to hear of your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can make it right. Since more than three weeks have passed, I would appreciate your letting me know more specifically of your service interactions, so that they may be addressed immediately.

I'm perplexed by your feedback regarding the heat issues in room 201, as I have been unable to replicate. It is functioning as it is set up to perform, as an on demand gas heater with a controllable thermostat. I turned it on and off several times without any problems, or instances of noise outside of a little clicking in the metal when it expands, but nothing that would keep someone awake!!

I am also confused about your claim regarding $40 "for trashing the room" and that this was not returned. Per our records of your folio, as with all customers, an authorization was processed in the amount of $50 for incidentals incurred. We hardly anticipate, nor expect, nor have a charge for guests "trashing the room". Your bank would have removed this hold on your account shortly after your stay. This is not a charge. You did have a dinner that was roughly $40 and charged to your room, and paid at check-out. By chance have you confused the two transactions?

I can be reached at csmith@taosinn.com.

Chris

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Nice lounge, mediocre restaurant in a quaint downtown setting. But the room was awful-small, quaint but dated, with uncomfortable furniture. The bathroom was tiny and no tub. The shower head barely provided water and setting the temperature was an ordeal.

I don't recommend this inn and will not return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jim p

Dear jim p,

Thanks for your feedback on value and amenities. After some review into your reservation, I was surprised to hear of such disappointment, as you were booked in room 305, which is one of our larger king rooms with a fireplace in the courtyard. And unfortunately, there would not have been anything larger that we could have upgraded you into. In a historic adobe, while there is much we can and have upgraded in terms of amenities, we can not alter the structure or walls of the building. We are a registered historic landmark, and our bound by certain provisions. Once the room becomes unoccupied, we will certainly look into and fix where necessary your concern about shower control!

Should you have a change of heart, it might behoove you to check out our rooms in the Helen's House, as they are more contemporary in design and may be more appropriate for your needs. Most of our guest's like the experience of history we preserve, but this should never be at the expense of amenities and appointments feeling "antiquated".

Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to speak further about your experience.

Christopher Smith