Nice Bed and Breakfast with several unique rooms. Rooms are beautiful and well kept. We spent a weekend in October in the Rainbow Room. This is a fairly large room on two floors and has a Hot Tub on the roof above. Not to hard to negotiate via ladder but my wife was a bit concerned. Overall this is a nice historic hotel.
Couple of Concerns:
1) If the Inn is fully booked it does not have adequate parking. Don't park in the parking lot next door, you will be towed.
2)The breakfast also does not come close to accommodating a full house. Not near enough tables and chairs. There was a good selection of items to choose from.
3) The heat is turned on centrally. We were there in October and it was in the 40's at night. No heat because they still had not switched for A/C to heat.
We arrived on the "Wool Weekend" and had a great time and several nice restaurants. Not a bad Bed & Breakfast but could use a bit of work..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the ambience of our quaint and colorful adobe inn. Our rooms are richly decorated in the Taos tradition and feature a large collection of fine art, Native American and Spanish antiques.Located in the heart of the historic downtown area, just a few steps off the old plaza. Recommended by The New York Times and USA Today. Featured on The Travel Channel series "Romantic Inns Of America". "The Essence of Old Taos". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Hotel Taos
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed And Breakfast
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast Taos, New Mexico