We spent four nights at La Dona Luz just after Christmas--it was our third stay there and we have reservations for a fourth stay in the fall. I can't imagine a more perfect place to stay in Taos. Hidden down a narrow lane, La Dona is a jewel inside. Each room is decorated differently (we stayed in the Yellow Bird Deer room), beautiful colors an fitted with authentic native art. We lighted a fire in our fireplace two of our evenings there and were so cozy and happy we stayed in with a picnic dinner from Cid's both nights. The breakfast is very good (granola, bagels, blueberry muffins, waffles, etc.) and the company of other travelers has provided us with much good useful information. La Dona is comfortable, beautiful, reasonably priced and is perhaps THE BEST LOCATION IN TAOS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the ambience of our quaint and colorful adobe inn. Our rooms are richly decorated in the Taos tradition and feature a large collection of fine art, Native American and Spanish antiques.Located in the heart of the historic downtown area, just a few steps off the old plaza. Recommended by The New York Times and USA Today. Featured on The Travel Channel series "Romantic Inns Of America". "The Essence of Old Taos". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Hotel Taos
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed And Breakfast
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast Taos, New Mexico