If you are looking for a 5-star hotel, this isn't it, but if you like quirky yet gracious older places to stay with an intriguing history, this is the place to go. I was here for a workshop and spent a week eating excellent breakfasts with fresh baked goods, fruits, main dishes with fresh vegetables, also bacon and cereal. I had the Austen room, named for activist Mary Austen. It is large and dark--good for hot days--with a huge bathroom filled with light, and a claw-foot tub. All the older rooms are intriguing. Some are considerably larger than others. The three upstairs rooms are charming but are reached by a narrow and low-ceilinged staircase--not great for older guests. The new building has a large class or lecture room with 8 or 10 modern rooms. Only the common rooms have air-conditioning, but they do have fans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, rambling adobe hotel that was once the heart of the Taos literary scene, and whose former owner enticed D.H.Lawrence to move to Taos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mabel Dodge Luhan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mabel Dodge Luhan House Hotel Taos
- Mabel Dodge Luhan House Taos, New Mexico