Stayed at Mabel's for a photo workshop. First encounter with no service was lack of help moving large luggage up the stairway- pick one of 2 dangerous staircases. Don't believe they heard of American with Disabilities Act. Stayed in Mabel's bedroom which we were told was the largest on site. For the price, shocking that there were smaller rooms. Kept having to get rid of the bugs which called the room home. No sure if the entered through he screens or the room hasn't been thoroughly cleaned for a time.
Self service food was tasteless and mediocre at best, ending each meal with plate scrapping in kitchen while a kitchen filled with staff sat and
watched the guests clean up. Turkey breakfast sausages were dry and bacon was overcooked consistently every morning.
Was charged $32 for a special group dinner BUFFET. Rip off. Ran out of side dishes before everyone was served and they refused to supply more. The salmon was so so. Couldn't see where the money went other than the owners pocket.
Would not recommend anyone stay here. Worth a visit to see the Dennis Hopper photos (previous owner) but please watch your head as the home is booby trapped with low clearances throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, rambling adobe hotel that was once the heart of the Taos literary scene, and whose former owner enticed D.H.Lawrence to move to Taos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Hotel.de so you can book your Mabel Dodge Luhan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mabel Dodge Luhan House Hotel Taos
- Mabel Dodge Luhan House Taos, New Mexico