This is a wonderful placr to stay to get a feel for parts of the more recent history of Taos. The hose has portions that are over 200 ytears old with the balance being added in the 1920's, but all of it makes for unified, whole and an amazing experience. No two doors, for example, are quite alike; walls are thick to the outside and the breezes make this place magic. DH Lawrence painted the glass on on one of the baths and this adds a kind of old counter spin to corners of the place and the experience. The morning breakfast is second to none and prepared in an old time working kitchen. Remarkable place; and not just a site for sight-seeing but a place to discover what is inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, rambling adobe hotel that was once the heart of the Taos literary scene, and whose former owner enticed D.H.Lawrence to move to Taos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mabel Dodge Luhan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mabel Dodge Luhan House Hotel Taos
- Mabel Dodge Luhan House Taos, New Mexico