Sagebrush Inn & Suites
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$97
El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$78
El Monte Sagrado(Taos)
  • Pool
1,124 results
All reviewsthe cantinamurphy bedconference centerfrench toastgeorgia o'keefefree breakfastoriginal buildingnew mexicooatmealchain hotelbeds were comfortablean older hoteladobe stylehistoric hotellive musickiva fireplacelarge room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2008

This was not a personal choice. We booked our trip with our travel agent. At first site it is ok, you can tell its an older hotel, the property needs updates. The small suite is true to its name. SMALL and drafty, I'm sure it serves its purpose if you only are going to sleep there. We originally had the small suite booked and upon inspection we requested another room. We got a Deluxe room instead which is one big room with two beds. The Deluxe rooms are in the newer part of the hotel and actually was nicer than the Suite. If you decide to stay I highly recommend a Deluxe room verses the Suites (older rooms). The Hospitality was good, they were very friendly. And diligent with requests from the front desk.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank lmidgetx
Reviewed 15 January 2008

I recently stayed at the Sagebrush Inn for four nights in mid January as part of a Southwest Airlines ski vacation. This was the only option in Taos for this package and I looked it up on Trip Advisor to read the reviews, which were not great. I had a room with a king size bed and decorated in classical Southwest style, exposed beams and local art work. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large and decorated with Mexican tiles. I had a problem with the television from day one, but on the next day they replaced mine with one from another room with no problem. The full breakfast was free with five choices and was filling. I would stay here again with no problem.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank WhiteLightnin
Reviewed 15 January 2008

Although we didn't see the older rooms criticized in other reviews, our back suite was wonderful...great views, lovely fireplace and furniture. Staff was authentically friendly. The lovely breakfast room and conversation with the server was fantastic. I'll take that anytime over the impersonal styro-foam breakfast bar at the hotel chains!

We were given a suite for the price of a regular room, which really helped since we travel on a super-tight budget. Also, the staff responded quickly when we needed more towels. This was indeed a quirkly place, but it has character and "soul".

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank jammin11
Reviewed 25 November 2007

Do not stay at this hotel while in Taos unless you are not going to be in your room hardly at all. We did not even stay the night eventhough we had already paid for it. We ended up staying at a different property because we are so disappointed with our room. Maybe I expected more, it was our first time in Taos. Loved Taos, but did not like the Sagebrush Inn. Not a nice place to stay, it's worth the money to stay at the historic Taos Inn (we loved that place!!) I wish I would have read a comment like this before I booked the reservation, that's why I'm letting whoever reads know what to expect. Old, rundown, not kept up!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank Skibunnymom17
Reviewed 26 October 2007

Wife and I stayed 10/22/2007. Room was ok for size, bed was not bad but, toilet seat needed replacing, toilet ran continuously after flushing, sink was badly chipped in a number of places, bathroom door was hanging on one hinge, heater did not work properly, furnished alarm clock did not work, and coffee maker did not work properly. Wife refused to take a shower in bathroom. Built in 1929 and badly in need of refurbishment and general grounds maintenance.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple