Sagebrush Inn & Suites
El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$108
US$73
US$67
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$97
Hotel La Fonda de Taos(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$144
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
1,123 results
All reviewsthe cantinamurphy bedconference centerfrench toastgeorgia o'keefefree breakfastoriginal buildingnew mexicooatmealchain hotelbeds were comfortablean older hoteladobe stylehistoric hotellive musickiva fireplacelarge room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I had an Assessor's affiliate meeting in Taos last week. The Assessor from Taos set up three motels we were able to rent close to our meetings. I chose the Sagebrush because I was told that this facility was a nice place to stay. Unfortunately our room was a dump!!! The room was very outdated and musty smelling. The bed was old and my wife's back hurt the next day after sleeping on the old bed. The Assessor from Taos deserves an apology from the motel for allowing here guests to be insulted with such a poor facility. I checked out the following morning and rented a room at a nearby motel for the same price. I will never advise anyone to stay at this facility when we have meetings in Taos. I guess I should have requested my money back after I saw the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Debra S, General Manager at Sagebrush Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Paul B,
I'm very sorry your experience at the Sagebrush Inn was not a pleasant one. We have recently had an ownership change and will be updating the rooms this year including new mattresses. We certainly do not want you to pay for such an unpleasant experience and if you would like to contact me with your room information we will be happy to compensate you. I hope you will consider stopping in next year if you are in the area and see the improvements.

Debra.Stout@Prismhotels.com

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay while in Taos. Our room was very rustic, said to be built in the early 1900's with a little fireplace. It made our night very relaxing. The staff was very friendly and eager to make sure your stay was grand. It is not downtown, but I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Michael Q,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sagebrush Inn. We are a piece of Taos History and hope to share the uniqueness of our property with guests such as yourself. If there was anything we could have done to improve your stay please let me know.

Debra.stout@prismhotels.com

Reviewed 20 April 2014

For our day trip to Taos, we decided to stay @ Sagebrush Inn with our pet this mid-April. We stayed in the older section in one of the Fireplace Rooms. What I enjoyed about the hotel is the old charm of the hotel, the hot breakfast in the morning, and the ample space to walk our pet. Our room was a dated but charming room. This room was more like rooms we stayed in when we traveled in Europe. There weren't many people here but when we were at Taos, there wasn't many people in the town anyways and the ski season was already over. So if you are looking for a pristine hotel, this isn't the hotel for you. If you are looking for a hotel with character, give Sagebrush a try.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gilbert9876
Debra S, General Manager at Sagebrush Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Gilbert,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sagebrush Inn. We find Trip advisor a wonderful tool for travelers to learn about our hotel. We are looking forward to many updates this year and hope you will be able to visit us again this fall . Our goal is for all guests to be able to give us "excellents" on our scores. If you have any suggestions that could have improved your stay please let us know.

Debra.Stout@prismhotels.com

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had a great stay...it's an incredible hotel...with stunning views of Taos. Our room was nice, clean, comfortable and charming. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. But the breakfast was a surprise ...cooked to order..it was yummy....

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Catherine C
Debra S, General Manager at Sagebrush Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Catherine C,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Taos is a very special place as you have been able to experience. With spectacular views and plenty of things to see and do there's something for everyone. I hope you will come and visit us again if you are in the area. We will keep the grill hot for your cook to order breakfast.

Safe Travels in 2014
Deb

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of this inn at such an affordable rate. The young man who checked us in (April 8, 2014) was extremely helpful in giving us advice about what to do in Taos. Our room was very spacious, clean and quiet with nice amenities. A free sit-down breakfast served by a waitress was included with a choice of different menu combinations. (I had eggs over easy, coffee, grapefruit, juice, bacon, hash browns, and toast.) This was a REAL breakfast -- not a cheap fend-for-yourself continental type. Taking into account money saved by not having to eat out at a restaurant, the price for the lodging was a bargain indeed. We enjoyed Taos so much we elected to stay another night rather than drive on to Santa Fe. We will definitely stay here next time we visit Taos. (NOTE: this is an honest review: I am not acquainted with Sage Brush staff and did not profit from this review in any way.)

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room (though probably most are quiet), upper floor preferred, king size bed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spencer N

Dear Spencer N,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Sagebrush Inn. We hope everyone that everyone that reads your review wants to come and see what you are talking about. I'm very proud of our hotel and staff and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Safe travels in 2014