“Fantastic”
Review of Sun God Lodge

Sun God Lodge
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had the best experience at this charming adobe style lodge. The management and employees went above and beyond. For example, I asked for a comfortable "reading chair" and they brought me the managers own wing back chair! My room was spotless and comfortable. It was quiet at night and in a great location. I cannot recommend this great little lodge more strongly. MKB

Room Tip: My room was in the back across from the hot tub...great location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Really decent and good price. Friendly, attuned staff. Room was just fine. The hot tub is outside and tiny. Four people maximum. A real bonus is the local coffee shop across the street. Excellent coffee and breakfast offerings there. I definitely recommend this motel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M J B
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I came to the Sun God Lodge after having the misfortune of wrecking my car in Taos. The proprietors were incredibly friendly, and after learning of my situation, they went above and beyond to accommodate me and to help me through my troubling situation. It is a lovely little property and I found my room to be cozy and comfortable and a great value. Thanks for everything, Gasper!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We had a great rate for last minute at high season. I prefer to support Mom and Pop establishments but the room needed a thorough vacuuming. I did not get bed bugs.. good luck, next tenant. They will not earn my repeat business.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have stayed here several times and enjoy staying in the back near the outdoor hot tub. Even in winter it was a short walk back to my room. Being far from the busy highway with another building in between made it a very quiet and peaceful stay. Right across the road from Walmart makes it easy to grab any shopping items while you are there. Wifi signal was very strong and they may have added a second router to serve the back of the property. Service at the front desk was prompt, friendly and helpful. For the low price this is a very comfortable place to stay in Taos. Maintenance is falling behind in some areas and the potholes in the parking lot need to be filled.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back near the hot tub. All rooms allow parking outside your door. No elevators...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed at the Sun God Lodge in Taos for a night. It was perfect for us. It was clean and reasonably priced. We were going to arrive late in the night and they left a key for us--so easy. And we spent some time in the hot tub, which was lovely. The view of the mountains from our room was awesome, and the decor of the room was really nice. We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back by the hot tub--it looked like that building was newer.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My second time staying at this property. I loved everything about it the first time. I would love everything about it this time ... except for ... the wifi is very intermittent (boo) and since it snowed last night, I got up and got ready to go to their outdoor Jacuzzi ... and found it is only open from 4 - 10 pm ... (another BOOOO!)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 137 directly across from the hottub/bbq area in the back of the property. NOtice t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo