“Perfect Menu, Knowledgeable Staff, Beautiful Location”
Review of El Meze Restaurant

El Meze Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Meze Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 128 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hail Creek
Description: We are located in the El Torreon Hacienda built in 1847 which reflects our philosophy, our food and the historical influences of Taos. From June - September we have patio seating under a tent with twinkle lights and the most incredible view of Taos Mountain.
El Paso
“Perfect Menu, Knowledgeable Staff, Beautiful Location”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Simple, well prepared food; menu that is easy to understand. Outstanding wine list by the glass and by the bottle (reasonably priced). For starters or share menu, we had (1) the tuna Carpaccio -- it was perfect with horseradish, capers, and olive oil and (2) Frijoles de olla - New Mexico beans with VT cheese -- really tasty. For main course, the trout yerba Buena -- grilled with lemon, mint, and cilantro -- deboned whole fish -- light, tasty. Also had the "house made" pasta -- which was the perfect summertime vegetarian pasta dish. Finished with lavender crème brulee. In the summer, you eat on the patio with a magnificent view of the mountains; when the air chills, they bring red blankets for anyone who is chilly. The staff knew the food and made excellent suggestions to match the two. I just wish I could get to Taos on a regular basis to visit El Meze.

1 Thank Arkmont

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice Place to Eat”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Two of us for dinner. We made reservations, and glad we did. There is outside dining on the patio during the summer with a great view of the mountains. We chose the cozy interior. Service was first class. The food was very good. I wanted the duck confit but the waiter explained that they can only serve it during the offseason due to the high demand during the summer and the length of time it takes to prepare the dish (3 days). Anyway, we started with the fried olives - and they were good - and I'm not an olive fan. I had the homemade pasta for a main course and it was well presented and delicious. We had the Dark Chocolate Souffle Cake for dessert and it was spectacular. Next time in Taos, I will eat there again.

Arlington, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Restaurant with an Unbelievable View!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

It is like everyone says - nothing to look at on the outside but once you go through the doors and see the amazing view from your table you will fall in love. We had Zack as our waiter and he was great. He made terrific recommendations for wine and food. I ordered the chicken and my husband had the Tamale, both were very good! The menu is small but you can taste the freshness!
We also had the Buffalo Shortrib appetizer and it was excellent.

We felt that the entire experience of dining here was well worth every dollar!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Anniversary to Remember”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was my first time at the restaurant based on previous reviews for my anniversary. I must say that all them positive reviews were spot on! The menu is simple but the food is delicious!! Our server Harley was so professional and attentive, my expectations were exceeded and I had high ones at that. We had the tuna carpaccio, chicharrones, and the asparagus salad followed by lamb chops and the trout! Holy halon batman, those entrees were perfection! The weather triggered a power outage while we were there but the place kept going and did not bat an eye lash. I would come back again and have been telling my friends about this restaurant. ***** 5 Stars

Chicago
“great service and yummy local food”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I loved this restaurant. From the outside it doesn't look like much but the menu was awesome and the service was great. They bring you blankets if you sit outside at night as the sun goes down. The lavendar french fries and lavendar creme brulee were the highlight for me as was their hot mint tea. We shared the tamale and other small bites.