“El Meze stuns again”
Review of El Meze Restaurant

El Meze Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Meze Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hail Creek
Description: We are located in the El Torreon Hacienda built in 1847 which reflects our philosophy, our food and the historical influences of Taos. From June - September we have patio seating under a tent with twinkle lights and the most incredible view of Taos Mountain.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Visited El Meze again this past week while in Taos with my wife. Chef Muller knoced it out of ghe park...again. This place is always soooo good.A recent James Beard award for the chef is much deserved.Food is outstanding and the servers are knowledgable and efficient.Make sure to get a reservation on the weekend because the place fills up fast.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We ate here during a visit to Taos a couple of years ago and were really looking forward to our dinner. The view remains exquisite and the service was great (included hiking tips!). The food was quite good, though perhaps not as good as we’d remembered. I had the buffalo tamale and my husband the bison short ribs and pozole. Beer was only available in bottles. Both beer and wine selections were limited.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

When you pull up to El Meze our initial thought was, hummmmm? Boy were we surprised. Once we checked in we were seated on the patio with an outstanding view of Taos Mountain. The patio also houses the herb garden for this fine dining establishment. And lets be clear, if you are looking for New Mexican food, keep going. This is a splendid restaurant that serves local variety, think Trout, Beef, Chicken with locally grown vegetables and all around freshness.

Now to the service. WONDERFUL! Our waiter was Harley Davidson (seriously we checked his license). Harley was very educated on the menu and made wonderful suggestions. His service was exceptional. Blankets are provided if you get cool on the patio and should the temp fall too much out come the heaters. All in all and just a fantastic experience. Well more than we expected. Top 5 meal for my wife and I. Simply Great.

1  Thank TexasFlatlander
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've had the patio dining experience twice in the summer of 2014 and both times have been outstanding considering both the food and the surrondings. The food selection was unigue, presented well, and the service was attentive but not intrusive. The prices were what one would expect in Taos; high, but consisent with the market. A minor complaint is that the cutlery was cumbersome and felt out of balance which was a distraction. I'm sure I will return.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is our first time to Taos and so naturally we want authentic local cuisine. I went on trip adviser and urban spoon to see the comments and to see if they had similar results. They did, this restaurant was at the top of each of their lists. We were first there for dinner and were seated immediately with an open room and great views. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. It is different than what we thought would be on the menu so initially we were a little leery, but when it came we were extremely satisfied. My husband had the tamales and I had the pasta which was vegetarian. We shared because they were both excellent and I even put some of the green chili sauce from his tamales on my pasta just to add spice. If you are looking for old school southwestern or Mexican this is not your place but if you want New Mexican with a culinary flare this is your place!