“Almost a 5”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We really loved this place. The food was delicious and creative, decor funky old NM, staff friendly, and overall a really pleasant experience. They forgot my husband's beer, otherwise I would give them a 5.i have been recommending this place to my foodie friends.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Wow. Here is a confession: I am a food snob. I grow my own veggies, I make my own goat cheese and preserves and now, I am completely spoiled. Actually, I rarely eat out because often times, I am disappointed. Most restaurants order all their items through Cisco. Even the expensive ones. So be sure to ask if ingredients are locally sourced and / or made from scratch. Otherwise, you can pretty much count on your meal coming from a box.

The Love Apple, cannot and will not disappoint. Please start with the corn breads. Why? Because the butter they are served with are fun and complex! Please order the trout. I would like to bathe in the sauce that surrounds the perfectly cooked filet. I almost licked the plate.

Of course the service was outstanding, the decor charming and the other dishes delightful. My one complaint is that this sweet Apple is not located closer to home. However, I am completely confident it will be around for many moons to come.

PLEASE NOTE: you must make a reservation ahead of time and you must bring cash!

1  Thank Amanda33_10
Reviewed 4 November 2013

of course, with kale salad, (ha-ha, joking). food is really good. though it is along major thruway, it may be difficult to locate the restaurant. drive slowly. a cozy old house turned to restaurant. you need reservation. and carry cash or checkbook. no credit card is accepted here. but the price is very reasonable. I made it a rule to have dinner here every time I came to Taos. maybe this was my 4th time. always good. oh, one problem. fork was dull.

1  Thank terry h
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The restaurant is absolutely charming, the food was delicious, the waitstaff was warm and personable, and the prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food. Would love to go back, next time I'm lucky enough to visit Taos!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Perhaps our favorite dinner in Taos, even though we couldn't get a same-day reservation until 8:45! Rustically charming, romantic and French-inspired decor and an extra-inviting menu and wine list, plus impeccable service, we'd recommend it to even the "foodie" diners. Reserve in more advance than we did!