“Beware using online map”
Review of The Love Apple

The Love Apple
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Hilton Head Island
“Beware using online map”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We got lost taking the right fork out of town toward the pueblo, so stay on the main drag-Paseo del Pueblo and it is just before Wataburger on right . Interesting (verging on bizarre setting) but spectacular food! Incredible caramel ice cream made right there!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Always a great choice for dinner”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Every time I visit Taos, The Love Apple is my favorite restaurant. I love the atmosphere, the impeccable service but must of all the food. I like the concept of local organic food.
I suggest making reservation as it is usually a full house.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“A little over-hyped”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The food was perfectly prepared and is local/organic. However, the choices are limited and the prices lean towards the high side. The wine list looked to be extensive. Keep in mind that they do not accept credit cards - which is so 20th century.

Visited May 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Don't miss this restaurant”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food, the menu and the service were all excellent. It is well worth the drive from the center of Taos and the only criticism we have is the signage could be better. The restaurant is small and advance reservations are absolutely a must. The setting is an old chapel -- very charming. The entry is a bit awkward since you must pass the kitchen and service area to get to the dining room, but this is due to the limitations of the building. Also, bring cash or a checkbook. You won't be disappointed, though it IS different.

Visited April 2014
“Organically Romantic”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went for our anniversary because a friend said it was romantic. It is, the space is beautiful & the tables are far enough apart so you don't feel that your neighbors are eavesdropping on your every word. Lovely staff as well. Because it was a crowded evening we had to wait a short bit for our reserved table & they gave us each a glass of wine while we bided our time. As mentioned, you enter through a service area & can see that the kitchen is spotless. The food on our crowded night was up & down, probably because they were so busy. My salad had so much vinegar I couldn't eat it. They immediately offered to bring something else but I opted to share my husband's soup, a roasted red pepper-chipotle puree, which was incredible. My husband's Spring Beef Stew was delicious as was my posole, which was lighter & more flavorful than the traditional versions, with the exception that the pork, which should have been meltingly tender, was downright tough. The salted caramel ice cream was yummy, but the chocolate pot de creme with hazelnut crust was dense & gritty. However, it is romantic … the space has been beautifully created, the decor, lighting, art, all lovely. And all the food is mostly organic & locally sourced (a list of their suppliers is written on a board outside the entrance0. We don't live in Taos, but if we did, The Love Apple would be a favorite spot.

1 Thank Camandari