“Delicious, relaxed dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Lakewood, Colorado
“Delicious, relaxed dinner”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

One of the best meals we've ever had in Taos. On a warm summer evening, their covered patio enclosure was very comfortable and welcoming. There were four of us, and three were superb (trout, posole, and the special, a stuffed quail). The fourth had the wild boar, which was tasty but too chewy. Desserts were also very good, including a flourless chocolate cake and a rhubarb tart. Service was pleasant and efficient but relaxed. We enjoyed our dinner very, very much.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mike_in_CO

“Well done!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We went to the Love Apple for my 50th birthday and enjoyed it very much. The atmosphere is lovely and we sat right on the altar with a great view of the whole room. Very pretty and relaxing. We were seated right away and the service was very attentive. We loved that the food was seasonal and locally sourced. That is a huge plus. Also, everything we had was creative and delicious. Would recommend to anyone.

Dallas, Texas
“Lovely dinner”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It's a small romantic and quaint restaurant with a delicious menu. The ambiance is just lovely! The service is great, but make sure you make reservations. They're usually booked from the beginning to the end of the evening. Also, they do not accept credit cards.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank SandraJEvans
Fulton, Maryland
“Excellent Food, But Credit Cards Not Accepted”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We ate at the Love Apple during our two night visit to Taos. We had made a reservation, and were promptly seated. Imagine our surprise at seeing the sign up front that said "Cash or Check Only." In other words, credit cards were not welcome. This was an instant negative in my mind, as I knew that this would not be a cheap meal.

The setting is lovely, in an old New Mexican church, and service was top-notch. I enjoyed the antelope steak, sliced neatly into thin slices. It was delicious! But the wine menu was somewhat limited and a bit more expensive than I'd like to see. We shared one dessert, and our total tab, including tip, came to around $90.00. Fortunately, I had enough cash to cover it, as I don't travel with my checkbook. But I could not get over being annoyed that such a good restaurant would not accept credit cards. I would give it 5 stars if not for this.

4 Thank ccsuwxman19
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Pretentious and over-rated”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Not recommended. Can't see how this cold and unfriendly establishment has gotten such good ratings. The service was terrible. The attitude was as if we were doing them a favor for coming. The food really wasn't all that good. Un-insprired salads and appetizers that are overpriced. Soup was bland which is rather hard to do. Main courses sounded good but were small, over-priced and not all that creative. Posole was normal. Lamb was not very good quality. Trout tasted like it was farm raised, corn fed. Tacos... That's all you could come up with here in New Mexico? Gotta be kidding me. Did I mention the service was terrible? Spend your time and money at one of many other better places to dine than this. Must be the 'cool' place to be seen, cus it sure isn't the cool place to eat and be treated like a valued customer. Oh yeah and they tack on the 20% tip to larger parties, because if they had to rely on the actual value of their service, no one there would ever get a 20% gratuity, and to make matters worse, they add the tip onto the post tax amount. Sheesh, really...Definitely had better in Taos.

4 Thank Daniel P