“A staple of Taos dining”
Review of Pizanos Pizza

Pizanos Pizza
Ranked #22 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
“A staple of Taos dining”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Very good pizzas, salads and friends often order the fish and chips. Lovely atmosphere on the back deck with fabulous view of Taos Mountain.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank HillCountry49

Taos County, New Mexico
“Pizza and more. Prepare$$ for quality food!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We went from a free concert on Taos plaza late on a Thursday evening for a slice of pizza Not expecting full menu that late we were pleasantly surprised that everything was available. Ordered garden salads and a 1/2 @ 1/2 small 12" with sausage pepperoni and bell peppers. A craft beer on tap hit the spot and the chipotle salad dressing which I ordered on the side in case it was TOO hot, was tasty with a slight tang

Our pizza was the best we have had in years. Thin, crispy and fresh made. I rate pizza on the grease scale. With both pepperoni and sausage I expected it to be dripping. To my great surprise it was not. Generously topped and not a 5 napkin meal. Will go there again and know that pizza is expensive!

1 Thank Delftglass
Dallas, Texas
“I've driven past the other pizza place to get take-out from Pizano's”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Although there are many places to get pizza in Taos, there are only two that are known almost exclusively for it. Both have their devoted fans, but when I lived not far from the center of town, I used to add 15 min. to my RT drive to pick-up a pizza because my husband and I liked Pizano's so much better. Last summer we even conducted a side-by-side test, ordering take-out from both of them on the same night. Pizano's still won out for us, but of course pizza preference seems to be more highly personalized than just about any other kind of food. You can order by the slice or whole pies. Nice tented outdoor space with a great view of the mountain.

OKC, OK
“GREAT pizza, but the prices!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The last time my wife and I ate here was in October 2006 and the food is still great. This time, with two young sons in tow, we still found the food to be outstanding.

You cant beat the view here when sitting outside. They serve a large selection of craft and local beers and my wife and I had a decent one from the Taos Mesa Brewery. Our four year old ordered his standard fare of pepperoni and cheese and my wife and I ordered half The Mayour (pesto, chicken, onion, chipotle peppers, cilantro and feta) and half Rio Grande (basically supreme toppings) and the Mayor half was out of this world!!! The chipotles were hot enough we were still feeling them when we left. Amazingly good pizza!

Now for the down side: The prices. Our one pizza cost us $26 for a small, which is 12 inches. Was it worth it? Yes, we think so. But the problem isnt just here, it seems to be the trend in Taos, Red River area to have higher than normal food prices. At least this time the food was worth the price. As far as service, it seemed a little lacking. My wife had ordered a second beer that never showed up, and when our check was brought by our server he remembered it and apologized. They were not that busy and he was only waiting three tables at the time.

I highly recommend eating here and enjoying a local beer with your meal. Sit outside in the cool air and enjoy the view of the mountains.

San Diego
“Delicious dinner in a lovely setting”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The food was terrific (eggplant parm, pizza, pasta), and the service friendly and efficient. With a guitarist playing softly as the sun went down, our spot on the patio was a little slice of heaven.

Visited August 2013