“The most charming casita!”

Inger Jirby's Guest Houses
Ranked #8 of 15 Speciality Lodging in Taos
santa rosa
“The most charming casita!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Sarah, Ingers assitant, offered
to show us the casitas at Inger Jirbys when we visited her gallery next door. The next day when I sprained my ankle and had to find a place to stay for one more night, we were thrilled to find the casita available. Sarah got it ready for us in minutes, making it work for me and my crutches. I had a great bed downstairs, and my sister was able to climb to the loft to sleep in the queen bed under the wall of windows. We had a full kitchen to prepare dinner so no need to go out for dinner. We loved staying here. Just the kind of place you want to hang out.

• Stayed May 2012

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

My family and I needed a place to stay overnight in Taos - one leg of a much longer roadtrip we were taking in the Spring. We were booked into the Jirby Guest Houses by mistake - normally they don't take bookings for one night - but they honored the booking. Boy, are we glad they did.

The space was beautiful - essentially a lavishly furnished one bedroom apartment, in the heart of the beautiful town. our only complaint is that we wish we had had more time to enjoy Taos, and the Guest House!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Celia C
Karnes City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Once I returned home from our stay, I realized what jewel we had picked for the location. Upon arrival we were greeted and treated like royalty. The casita was absolutely perfect, decor off the charts, the gallery and sculpture garden were alive with light, and the artist's work. Our time was spent walking everywhere to museums, galleries and restaurants in literally minutes. At the days end we didn't have to go but minutes to freshen up and walk for dinner or just enjoyed snacking as we had a fully equipped kitchen. I also appreciated having a washer and dryer. Could of acutally packed lighter and will the next time. Our casita couldn't of been a better choice. The sculpture garden was one of the favorite enjoyable experience along with a personal visit with Inger. Our visit inspired me to resume my passion of painting and teaching. Inger couldn't of been more gracious with the time she gave us. I recommend this as a not to miss experience, Hope you find your way to this incredible place.

Room Tip: I am sure the other casita was as clever and rich with art, textiles and just thought out comfort wi...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melinda S
Chimayo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

My fiance and I came across Inger Jirby's gallery and guesthouses when visiting Ledoux St. in October. When we decided to marry in Taos (about an hour from our home) in December, these were the first places I wanted to see if we could reserve. We stayed two evenings before the wedding and on the wedding night. Inger and her assistant, Martin, made us feel completely welcome; Inger even gave us an enormous bottle of prosecco to help us celebrate. The family and friends were in and out over the weekend, and they loved our "casita," too. We were in the Red Hawk Casita. The living room was charmingly furnished--Inger's lovely paintings added a really personal touch--and the full kitchen had everything we could have needed. Who else has a full service of Cuisinart cookware? The bath was enormous, lots of soft towels, and complete with a washer and dryer. The loft bedroom was pretty, comfortable, and, best of all, above a very quiet street. To top things off, Inger had put up a Christmas tree for us with homemade Swedish ornaments! This location is on a tiny, historic street with lots of galleries and museums, and just a short block from the Taos Plaza. One of our relatives (staying at a "sacred mountain" resort, asked if I'd share the price of our casita with her; she and her husband told me our casita was much nicer and much better for the price. Please stay here; you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Both casitas a very nice. Ours had the bathroom downstairs, which was more convenient for all our f...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NorseGirl
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

These casitas are THE place to stay in Taos. The are so quaint and nice. Very cloise to downtown. You can walk anywhere. Thank you Inger for all your hospitality.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christina s
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

Inger's guest houses are located on the famous Ledoux Street, known for it's charm and artistic ambiance. I have been traveling to Taos for about the last 7 years and always go to this street to see what is going on. Inger's Studio has always been one of my favorites and I always wanted to stay in her guest houses. Last year I had the privilege to finally get my chance. I felt like I had finally come to a warm and welcoming home away from home.
I have already made my reservations for next year and would recommend it for all occasions. A quiet business meeting, a romantic couples retreat, a true family atmosphere and of course a great gathering spot for friends and as far as solo, very safe and secure.
A true Taos experience!

Room Tip: Either would be a great choice.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank suzymoritz
IngerJirbyManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Inger Jirby's Guest Houses, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are truly delighted to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us and we are looking forward to your next of many stays with us.

Inger Jirby & Sara Langham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Ingar has one of the most quaint casitas in New Mexico. Her hospitality is second to none. We were lucky that she had space available for our trip to Taos. Ingar welcomed us as if we were her own family. Our room was perfect and the price was superb. We plan on staying with her each time we take our holiday to New Mexico. Thank you Ingar. Oh by the way, her art gallery is absolutely stunning.

• Stayed August 2011