Beautiful buildings and grounds worthy of Better Homes and Gardens. We upgraded to the suite room. Wow! What a bath. A deep long tub. Problem was that there were 3 steps up to the rim and none down. You have to hold onto what looks like a stripper pole to step down about 30 inches. Another problem is that the toilet kept filling with water about every 10 minutes. I'm a light sleeper so it kept me awake. We notifed the front desk but after two days nothing had been done. And while speaking of the bathroom, a quality two ply toilet paper would have been welcome rather that single ply from the lowest bidder.
There was gas firplace in the living room area that was controlled by a timer. Very nice. Also a balcony that overlooked a pond and man made stream. Cool! We walked the grounds and it reminded us of a botanical garden. We ate breakfast and dinner on time each. Satisfied with the food and price, except the milk my wife ordered was soured. Yuk! We did use the pool and found it very enjoyable. The jaccuzi jets were strong and the water warm to hot. Ahh!
All in all we'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from Taos Plaza, El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a secluded yet indulgent sanctuary. In harmonious coexistence with its natural setting, El Monte Sagrado is surrounded by towering mountains and rustic high desert, sunlit, fish-filled streams, tropical flora and the sounds of calming waterfalls. Guests are inspired by the nurturing ambiance and mystique of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Monte Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Monte Sagrado Hotel Taos
- El Monte Sagrado Taos, New Mexico