Our whole stay was punctuated by very poor, almost non-existent service. It took 10 minutes for someone to show up at the car arrival location. In the lobby, not a soul at reception. Finally, someone showed up and gave the distinct impression that we should feel privileged to have her show up. Quite surly, in fact. Wasn't willing to show us to our room, when we said that the directions were very confusing (go upstars, go through offices, follow hallway, etc). Then, being hungry, we went down to the restaurant for lunch. Again, no hostess. When someone finally arrived, we were given the impression that we were imposing. Then, everything is "extra". $12 for parking in a big empty lot. $9.95 per day for Internet access. Really! In ths day and age! The rooms may be very nice, but te staff is not. Don't stay here. You would get better service in a roadside motel. One more thing: the shower is outright dangerous. You have to step up about 2 feet, straddle an 18 inch slab, then step down another 2 feet. Have to be an acrobat to do this alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from Taos Plaza, El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a secluded yet indulgent sanctuary. In harmonious coexistence with its natural setting, El Monte Sagrado is surrounded by towering mountains and rustic high desert, sunlit, fish-filled streams, tropical flora and the sounds of calming waterfalls. Guests are inspired by the nurturing ambiance and mystique of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Monte Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Monte Sagrado Hotel Taos
- El Monte Sagrado Taos, New Mexico