Ever since the Fechin closed, we have been seeking the next-best place to stay in Toas. We have stayed at a number of B&bs and motels, but nothing seemed to fit. We believe we have found nirvana again at El Monte Sagrado. We have always yearned to stay at EMS, but until it became a Marriott property, we were not able to justify the rates.
Now, however, we feel it is a good value for what you get. We spent two nights, 11.2 and 11.3. These dates coincided with the Dixon Studio Tour. Our rate was about $170 night, in a regular motel room (not a casita).
We liked the large room with a slider to a beautiful grass courtyard. The huge bath contained a spacious soaking tub and shower. The bath had a half-door that opened into the room. The beds were very comfortable. Included was Starbuck's coffee in the room, fridge, robes, etc., all good quality. The staff was super friendly and professional.
But what truly sets EMS apart is the concept. The entire vibe of the property is rejuvenation. There are plants everywhere, indoors and out, and watersounds seem to be everywhere to sooth. Also, therapeutic massage is available onsite, and the practitioners are highly skilled, as Maggie can attest.
The warm pool (indoor) had three different temperature zones, and the fitness room was adequate and up to date.
What we didn't think was perfect was the restaurant. The food was decent, but not special. Taos has great food within walking distance, so not a problem. We also aren't big fans of valet parking. $12 dollars a night to take your vehicle and move it twenty yards to a parking lot bugged us a little.
But, we will be excited to stay at El Monte Sagrado the next time we hit Taos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from Taos Plaza, El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a secluded yet indulgent sanctuary. In harmonious coexistence with its natural setting, El Monte Sagrado is surrounded by towering mountains and rustic high desert, sunlit, fish-filled streams, tropical flora and the sounds of calming waterfalls. Guests are inspired by the nurturing ambiance and mystique of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Monte Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Monte Sagrado Hotel Taos
- El Monte Sagrado Taos, New Mexico