Stayed with the family as a base for some skiing between Christmas and New Year. The rooms were nice and large, split between a living room with pull out sofa and the master bedroom. Nice pool and decent bar. The bathroom looked great, but the bath/shower combination was very unpractical and not suitable for people who have trouble climbing (the only way to get in).
Sadly, the restaurant service was average and slow. Breakfast is a la carte only and took forever even when we said we were in a hurry. The bar is decent and the hotel is only a short walk from Taos town with many options and an eclectic feel. All in all, I would certainly stay here again. With a few minor adjustments this could be a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from Taos Plaza, El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a secluded yet indulgent sanctuary. In harmonious coexistence with its natural setting, El Monte Sagrado is surrounded by towering mountains and rustic high desert, sunlit, fish-filled streams, tropical flora and the sounds of calming waterfalls. Guests are inspired by the nurturing ambiance and mystique of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Monte Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Monte Sagrado Hotel Taos
- El Monte Sagrado Taos, New Mexico