El Monte Sagrado
Sagebrush Inn & Suites(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$103
US$73
US$69
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$97
Hotel La Fonda de Taos(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$140
El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$129
US$78
US$74
1,267 results
All reviewsvalet staffnative american suitesglobal suitewater featuresbeautiful resortspa servicesde laper daysteam roomshuttle servicetaos mountain roomgas fireplacesoaking tubindoor poolnew mexicoliving roommountain view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel and property are gorgeous and in a great location if you are traveling to Taos. The room was very unique and classy. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The room service breakfast was delicious and we ordered it every morning.

On the down side many of the staff here are not friendly at all, except for one person, Marcos. Marcos was extremely friendly and helpful. The other man that was working at the front desk was seriously lacking in customer service and social skills, as was the hostess at the restaurant. We were very surprised by the lack of hospitality at such a fine hotel.

Another thing that my husband and I were unhappy with was the laundry service. We sent a dress shirt and jacket for dry cleaning as soon as we arrived because something leaked on them inside my suitcase. They cleaned the items but clearly put them in the dryer and shrunk them. I don't know if I can ever wear that jacket again.

Room Tip: The king bed was extremely comfortable. I slept like a baby! (Even though I was pregnant at the time of my stay!)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth Y
Kelly R, Executive Assistant at El Monte Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your feedback as a method to focus our improvement efforts. We are always training new employees to bring them up to our high standards of customer service and apologize for anything less. Please contact us about the dry cleaning issues. We outsource that service and if our vendor is not providing satisfactory service we need to know so we can address the issue with them or find another vendor.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had a relaxing getaway weekend at El Monte Sagrado in Taos. The entire property was lovely with tons of interesting little nooks and hiding places. The room was enchanting with a nice gas fireplace, large tub and gorgeous shower. I love Taos but the stay at El Monte made a great place fantastic!

My only complaint is that the valets and the hotel were not forthcoming about their parking fees. We knew about the charge for valet parking so when the valets offered us self-parking, we were thrilled. Guess what....they charge you the same whether you opt for valet or self-parking. Live and learn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank virgo_gal
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My kids and husband stayed here for a nice trip for the kids and my husband's birthday. Upon arriving we were checked into our room, a queen taos mountain room. The hotel is quite beautiful, and the room was nice with a nice big soaking tub. We arrived around nine pm and ordered room service. The room service took awhile, close to an hour. The food prices look decent, but the add on fees and gratuity and it ends up costing a fortune. The food is so so. Not horrible, but not worth the price. They brought my husband a chocolate cake for his birthday, which was a nice personalized touch. The next day we went to the plaza which is about 3 blocks away and has lots of nice shops. We then went swimming at the hotel which has a GORGEOUS indoor pool with lots of greenery and a hot tub. I went to take a shower and it didn't work. There were drips of water coming out but the pressure was HORRIBLE. They said they would send engineering but nobody every came. Four of us had to take baths with no hot water after the first one. Also, housekeeping could be improved. The beds looked sloppy and they didn't throw the trash away. Upon checkout I noticed we were charged $40 plus taxes for parking. $20 plus taxes per day! I informed them we didn't use valet, we specifically self parked to avoid these charges, and they took them off but really? $20 a day for parking is ridiculous. I would have tipped the valet but come on! If you plan to self-park, beware there are limited spaces. After checkout we went to eat breakfast at the hotel restaurant. After waiting 10 minutes to seated I finally went back to the front to ask if the restaurant was open. The assured me it was. After 5 more minutes of waiting a line started to form. We had to physically go to the back of the restaurant to get someone to come seat us. We ordered coffee and she brought us cups and said she would be right back with the coffee.We noticed the cups were dirty. Ten minutes later she brought our coffee. It was cold. The kids wanted cereal, but it was nine dollars for a bowl of cereal. Way over priced. I made them get pancakes for the same price. I ordered the breakfast burrito. It was ok, but again it was cold. I couldn't tell the waitress because she didn't come back to our table even though she only had one other customer. No coffee or water refills the entire time. I finally had to go to reception to ask for our check after waiting 10 minutes after we were ready to go. I told them about the issues and they called the food and beverage manager. I again repeated the issues we encountered and he looked at me like I had two heads and all he could say was he would talk to the staff. After I again told him how upset we were he took 10 dollars off of our 60 dollar bill. Big deal. I don't mind paying, but I should at least get what I'm paying for. Also, when I went to reception to ask for the check I heard another guest complaining about the shower so I don't know if it is a hotel wide problem or what. For the price I paid I expected a nice customer service oriented vacation but I left on a bad note. I wouldn't recommend staying here. The price isn't worth the aggravation. If I pay those prices I expect good service!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Jessica L
Kelly R, Executive Assistant at El Monte Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We strive to make everyone's stay here memorable and will double our efforts to address these issues to earn your loyalty.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at the El Monte Sagrado March 20 - 23 when my family and I visited Taos to ski over spring break. When we arrived Thursday night, we were advised that the room we had reserved (basic room with 2 queen beds) was not available. No problem, Marcos and Omar at reception, both of whom were great, advised that they would upgrade us to one of the properties global suites with no up charge. We selected the China suite. It was great. Beautiful entry area, two bedrooms with king size bed, and each bedroom had its own bathroom. Obviously, this well exceeded expectations. If that was the only positive thing about our stay, that would be enough. Obviously, I would not expect most visitors to be lucky enough to receive this upgrade. With that in mind, I will offer a few other words about the property. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained, as was reception, the bar, and the restaurant areas. We used the pool one day - hot tub, wading area, and deeper swimming area. There were also showers and such just off the pool area. My wife used the spa one day while we were skiing and gave it high marks also. As a final note, we were also impressed by the property valet service. We called valet about 5-10 minutes before heading out each day and they always had our car ready with the heater on. They were also very friendly to my family, offered water before we headed out, and always asked if we needed any more assistance - top marks all around. In short, I fully expect that we will be staying here again the next time we visit Taos.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lee G
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Visited the Monte Sagrado before and after Marriott ownership. Will return as the rates are simply fantastic at this time and still just like being there. My parents live behind it and I still like having the autonomy that this hotels affords.

Love the location, pool, grounds and rooms. Customer service appears to bet heir greatest challenge. After three tries at breakfast issues decided to permanently skip it and go to local bests such as Gutiz. El Monte couldn't even get red chile right, which is abundant...

The grounds affords lawn space (rarity in NM) for flying a kite, strolling, playing croquet, etc. Very nice that guest are allowed the flexibility to enjoy the grounds and not pushed off of it such as at more manicured hotels.

Pool remains my main draw (no chlorine) and beautiful atrium environment.

It appears to me that some reviewers don't understand the challenge within the Taos economy, but there still is a way to get employee buy in to such a nice property. Hope to see this improve...

Room Tip: I actually like the Taos Mountain rooms more than the individual cottages. Nicer views and more modernized.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jihiro
Kelly R, Executive Assistant at El Monte Sagrado, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Just to clarify things, El Monte Sagrado was originally owned by Tom Worrell then sold to the Kessler Collection. We have a business partnership with Marriott but like all of the Marriott Autograph Collection properties we remain independently owned and operated and are not owned by Marriott. We enjoy a wonderful partnership with Marriott.