My family and I stayed here for a week in February and used the property as home base for daily ski trips in the mountains up north. PROS: The place is beautiful and the rooms are tastefully done. The decor is awesome and the gas fireplace was thoroughly enjoyed in the dead of winter. Housekeeping is very accommodating with coffee, linens, etc. CONS: The front desk personnel were stoic, unfriendly and unwelcoming. The location is a bit out of the way from downtown area...walkable but a bit of a hike. We changed to the Taos Inn on our most recent trip and although it is a downgrade, it is way, way funner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from Taos Plaza, El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a secluded yet indulgent sanctuary. In harmonious coexistence with its natural setting, El Monte Sagrado is surrounded by towering mountains and rustic high desert, sunlit, fish-filled streams, tropical flora and the sounds of calming waterfalls. Guests are inspired by the nurturing ambiance and mystique of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your El Monte Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Monte Sagrado Hotel Taos
- El Monte Sagrado Taos, New Mexico