The hotel seemed very nice on our arrival. The reception was somewhat lacking in that you pass by several large conference areas and ballrooms to get to the reception area.
The grounds were nice.
We were in a mountain view room which really didn't show you much mountain at all. The room was worn and dark. Carpet needed replacing.
The hotel was supposedly non-smoking but we had smokers on all sides. We couldn't enjoy the outdoor balcony because of this. The front desk said they would "come over" but we requested that they not since the smokers were young rough looking folks and after hearing about the gangs in NM we decided it would be better to smell the smoke than deal with any blow back. It seems like the biker crowd was here for the weekend.
Won't be back to this hotel - they seemed to have lost control.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from Taos Plaza, El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a secluded yet indulgent sanctuary. In harmonious coexistence with its natural setting, El Monte Sagrado is surrounded by towering mountains and rustic high desert, sunlit, fish-filled streams, tropical flora and the sounds of calming waterfalls. Guests are inspired by the nurturing ambiance and mystique of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your El Monte Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Monte Sagrado Hotel Taos
- El Monte Sagrado Taos, New Mexico