I booked a 3 night stay (Sunday-Wednesday) for a premier suite using Marriott Rewards Points plus money and was extremely pleased when my husband and I were upgraded to the 2 bedroom global “Spain” suite. Room upgrades are something Gold/Premier Elite members cannot always count on, but when they happen (especially at a fantastic place like El Monte Sagrado), visitors start valuing their Elite status and loyalty to Marriott.
The moment I first entered the global “Spain” suite, I knew it would earn a spot on my top 3 favorite places to stay. The suite offered unique decor, two bedrooms, two full baths with gorgeous tile work, ample lighting options (including dimmers), high beamed ceilings, and a private walled patio that wrapped around one half of the suite. Best of all, it only shared a small part of a wall — in the guest room — with the neighboring global suite. Other than that, there were no neighbors to the top, bottom, or other sides, and we had a very peaceful and quiet stay. The trouble was, I wanted to spend all of my time at my suite and large private patio instead of sightseeing around the Taos area.
Room recommendation: for those who value private outdoor space, I’d recommend avoiding the first floor southeastern-facing Taos Mountain Rooms. There is a path leading to and from the parking lot that skirts these units, and people on the lower floor patios are in full view of people using the path. The second floor decks don’t offer much more privacy, but probably have better views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from Taos Plaza, El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a secluded yet indulgent sanctuary. In harmonious coexistence with its natural setting, El Monte Sagrado is surrounded by towering mountains and rustic high desert, sunlit, fish-filled streams, tropical flora and the sounds of calming waterfalls. Guests are inspired by the nurturing ambiance and mystique of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Monte Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Monte Sagrado Hotel Taos
- El Monte Sagrado Taos, New Mexico