The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and it is a short walk to center of the town. The room, a small suite, was nicely decorated but small. However, for the price there were several things that made our stay less that ideal. When we checked in, which was late in day, the staff seemed inexperienced and were confused about our reservation. The day time staff was certainly more pleasant and knowledgeable. The restaurant staff was was good and service efficient.
In a place of this level (expense) I expect free WiFi, but had to pay here; not only in the room but also in common areas. The phone in the sitting area of the suite did not work; I asked on 3 consecutive days to have it fixed. When we checked out it still was not working. We also requested the day of check in for more clothes hangers but they never appeared.
As there was plenty of parking I preferred to self park in general however the hotel charges for valet parking whether it is used or not. I can understand this is a large city but not in a relatively rural area where there is plenty of parking a space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from Taos Plaza, El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a secluded yet indulgent sanctuary. In harmonious coexistence with its natural setting, El Monte Sagrado is surrounded by towering mountains and rustic high desert, sunlit, fish-filled streams, tropical flora and the sounds of calming waterfalls. Guests are inspired by the nurturing ambiance and mystique of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Monte Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Monte Sagrado Hotel Taos
- El Monte Sagrado Taos, New Mexico