We stayed here on Marriott points and would happily return. Located a half mile from town (an easy walk past pretty houses and a horse farm), off a quiet road, the hotel is decorated in dark, Spanish styling. Artworks abound, and the hotel staff say Minnesota Fats played on the pool table upstairs. Staff members are cheery and helpful, and never fail to say hello as you pass, just like the best at the Ritz Carlton chain. Our room was spacious, overlooked a quiet wooded area, and featured a balcony where I could read over coffee every morning. I think all rooms have balconies. The bed was very comfortable and the walk in shower was powerful and hot. Direct TV is a little fuzzy on some channels, but with so much to do in Taos who needs TV? We had breakfast at the hotel three days and one dinner, on Sunday night when many town restaurants are closed. The food is excellent and the service is laid back but adequate. Marriott Elite members take note: you'll get a free continental breakfast but not the usual muffins and coffee. The offering here is a large helping of yogurt topped with homemade granola and berries, two thick slices of fresh made toast and two scrumptious muffins; we took the latter with us for lunch later while touring the area. Dinner was very good and I'll review that separately. Parking is pricey, $20 a night for valet, which seems to be required on weekends, when the small lot is packed. But the bell staff happily dispense ice cold bottles of water on request so that softens the blow. All in all, El Monte Sagrado measures up to the best resort hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just three blocks from Taos Plaza, El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a secluded yet indulgent sanctuary. In harmonious coexistence with its natural setting, El Monte Sagrado is surrounded by towering mountains and rustic high desert, sunlit, fish-filled streams, tropical flora and the sounds of calming waterfalls. Guests are inspired by the nurturing ambiance and mystique of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your El Monte Sagrado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Monte Sagrado Hotel Taos
- El Monte Sagrado Taos, New Mexico