“Great Place to Stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #74 of 125 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Lubbock, Texas
“Great Place to Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I had noted the Shady Brook Cafe while driving around the Enchanted Circle. I thought that it must be very good to exist miles from anywhere. Reading the reviews I made a point on my next visit to Taos to stop on by. It was a wonderful experience. The place is small, but completely full when we arrived. The server escorted us to the second level to sit. I was worried that with the crowd and the remote location our service would suffer, but we had a fantastic meal. The waitress was very personable and efficient. Based on previous reviews we had the Avocado soup and the cheese sandwich. Both were fantastic and perfect for a warm afternoon meal. We enjoyed the food so much we took a loaf of bread and brownies home. We enjoyed the Shady Brook cafe for several days. Will definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jerry G

west virginia
“Delightful lunch stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I spotted this place on a drive from Taos to Angel Fire, and determined, after reading reviews, to stop there on my way back. I was not disappointed.

You can choose to eat outside or inside. I ate indoors. All the tables have fresh flowers on them. My server was very helpful in describing portion sizes to me. I was a little worried about the menu, because I had read a lot of reviews of the burgers, and I'm not really a burger type of person - more of a vegetable/salad person. So I ordered the house salad, with the house dressing, and the cold avocado lime soup. Both came with croutons made from their artisanal breads, and both were delicious, with the soup being particularly distinctive, tasting mildly of cilantro. Perfect for a summer day! The price was good, the service attentive, and I really enjoyed it.

Keller, Texas, United States
“Shady Brook experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed at Shady Brook Inn for 5 nights. These condos are awesome...totally updated southwest decor with wonderful ambiance. The onsite staff is wonderful as well and very helpful. Enjoyed lunch and dinner at the Shady Brook Cafe as well. Such a nice couple with great talent and so eager to give their customers a good experience.

Angel Fire, New Mexico
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We are so thrilled that Shady Brook Cafe has opened, as we've been watching the progress of the remodel for a couple of years. What a treat!!! Love the beautiful breakfasts. My favorites are the regular Eggs Benedict and the California Eggs Benedict. So, different, so tasty. Have to stop at Shady Brook every time we go by. The staff are wonderful and so helpful. Highly recommend this darling hide-away!!!

Vicki from Oklahoma

Eugene
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We planned a stop at Shady Brook Cafe on our way out of town after spending a week in Taos. The welcome we received was warm and the food was great, as was the service. The standard eggs Benedict was outstanding and the New Mexico eggs Benedict very unique--sweet and a bit spicy. As we got ready to leave, we were presented with a small bag containing 2 pomegranate scones. We were told that today was baking day and that these were left-overs. To our pleasant surprise we were also offered refills on our coffee in to-go cups. We've never had such an offer in any other restaurant we've ever visited anywhere in the world.

2 Thank 644WallyC