“Good early morning spot”
Review of Taos Java

Taos Java
Ranked #9 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Taos
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We ended up at Taos Java because it was the only place open before 6am. The sign on their door said they opened at 6, their website said they opened at 5:30, and the Taos Dining Guide said they opened at 5:45. Regardless, their doors were open around 5:50 in the morning when we were trying to get an early start on a hike up Wheeler. Taos Java is located in the south part of town, a small building on the west side of Highway 64. The coffee was pretty good. My breakfast burrito was okay....it was a sausage burrito that had a little more sausage in it that I would have preferred, but it still tasted good. They had a variety of pastries and muffins as well that were tasty but fairly generic. A little overpriced for what you get. That said, we also did not make use of the wi-fi, which is free with purchase.

1  Thank ABQTravelers

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very conveniently located on the southern end of the town, the unpretentious baristas were upbeat and positive that Monday morning. They had our orders (hot tea and a cafe latte) ready quickly and accurately.

The interior is cute with everything wood, including the low ceiling’s log beams and smattering of tables and chairs. There is a small seating area out in front as well. I was surprised by how many customers were just hanging out in there having leisurely conversations rather than trying to get to work since it was Monday, but I appreciated that it meant that regulars and locals felt comfortable lounging around in this shop. I watched enviously as another patron accepted a nice looking breakfast burrito.

Free wifi from what I could tell. Paved parking lot (for you motorcyclists). I’d totally go back.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I love this place. They have good coffee and very good breakfast burritos. The clients tend to be old white people. They have free WiFi and electrical outlets so I can plug in my laptop. The restroom is clean and roomy. The staff is super, super nice and friendly.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stop in every time we're in Taos, the food and drinks are always great. The breakfast burritos are gauge, the baked goods always fresh and the coffee! Awesome!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Best coffee house in Taos, I always have some smoothy and a Vegetable breakfast burrito. My wife she don't want to leave this place. Been coming here since 2005, and the Owner was the witness at our wedding in 2006.every year I come here or make a detour to come here.