“upscale night out”

Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lambert's of Taos is a family-owned full service, upscale establishment serving Contemporary American cuisine with northern New Mexican influences in an elegant but relaxed setting. We are one of the few establishments in town that serves cocktails in addition to beer and wine. Upstairs we have the Treehouse Bar and Lounge for those not in the mood for linen tablecloths and looking for a cool, classy, and eclectic hangout with well-versed bartenders and inviting prices. During our Happy Hour (2:30 - 6:00), everything on our Happy Hour menu is $6.
Reviewed 17 August 2012

A great night out with your special someone. Not really a family experience. Exceptional staff and service

1  Thank Cindy D

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Lambert's is almost a Taos institution, and it deserves the respect it gets. Not cheap, and a little "stuffy" compared to the regular laid-back Taos atmosphere, it nonetheless never disappoints. We like to eat in the bar, a bit more casual, but still good food. A special occasions place for sure.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

My husband and I did not make reservations, so we were not able to sit in the main dining area, so they placed us in a sitting area just adjacent to the bar. It was much quieter than the dining area as well as having a more relaxing atmosphere. Benito was our server and he was such a delight. Very knowledgeable on all of the chef's dishes and pleasant to speak with. Our food was perfectly prepared. We ordered the mushroom served in puff pastry with a beurre blanc sauce to start. Delish! My husband ordered the spice rubbed pork tenderloin with cider glaze apple compote and I had enjoyed the salmon. Both dishes were perfectly done. We finished off our meal with the warm apple and almond crisp served with white chocolate ice cream. Chef Ky has a flare for the unique, which makes a visit to Lambert's a true culinary find! All in all, a very charming venue.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Atmosphere a bit loud, but a beautiful setting and the food was delicious as was the service. The restaurant was charming and very easy to get to. I think a reservation is a must as it seems popular with the locals.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We are part time Taos residents and Lambert's continues to be our favorite choice for those special occasion meals. So I am familiar with the menu. When I read a recent TripAdvisor review with raves about the Beef Stroganoff, I was intrigued. Glad I tried it. A perfect blend of a hearty comfort food, but light enough to not feel stuffed afterwards. Heavenly flavors and the meat was fork tender. It will be a repeat order in the future.