“A culinary delight in the heart of Taos, New Mexico.”
Review of Lambert's of Taos

Lambert's of Taos
Ranked #4 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Lambert's of Taos is a family-owned full service, upscale establishment serving Contemporary American cuisine with northern New Mexican influences in an elegant but relaxed setting. We are one of the few establishments in town that serves cocktails in addition to beer and wine. Upstairs we have the Treehouse Bar and Lounge for those not in the mood for linen tablecloths and looking for a cool, classy, and eclectic hangout with well-versed bartenders and inviting prices. During our Happy Hour (2:30 - 6:00), everything on our Happy Hour menu is $6.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Lambert’s of Taos is located on 123 Bend Street just a few yards west of El Paseo del Pueblo Norte. The restaurant occupies the home the Oakley family built in 1903. It was the home of the Apple Tree Restaurant for over 25 years.The rooms in the restaurant are ample, cozy and elegant.The patio is shaded by the apple tree.The upstairs houses the Treehouse Bar and Lounge with treetop views, the perfect spot for evening cocktails.The food is excellent and the service impeccable.

We selected/shared the Semolina Dusted Calamari, served with chipotle aioli and tomato salsa. The calamari was delicately dusted with Semolina and cooked to perfection. The sauces were the perfect accompaniment to the Calamari. I had the Local Organic Mixed Greens served with thin slices of cucumber, avocado, fresh mozzarella, pine nuts, and tossed with delightful tomato-basil vinaigrette. The greens were flavorful and crisp. My partner had the New Mexican Green Chile Stew. I tasted it, and it was truly one of the best I have had. It was a bit spicy for me; but the flavor made my taste buds dance. My main course was one of the specials. Grilled Salmon served on a bed of polenta and accompanied by a mango salsa. The Salmon was succulent and cooked to perfection. The mango salsa was the perfect paring with the Salmon. My partner had the Halibut served on a bed of wild mushrooms fettuccine. I tasted some of wild mushroom fettuccini. I could have had a bowl of it for my main course. It was creamy and you could taste the freshness of the mushrooms. The Halibut was flaky and cooked to perfection.

We topped the meal by sharing the fruit cobbler of the day, peaches and blueberry, served with homemade vanilla ice cream. The peaches were firmed and the blueberries were juicy. They were perfectly sweetened.The crust was light and crispy…and the ice cream, just like my Nana used to make it on summer days. I must also mention that they brew a mean coffee.

If you visit Taos; you must dine a Lambert’s of Taos. It is one of the best culinary experiences in Southwest.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Excellent food and service. A combination of European and Southwestern tasty food. A bit spendy, but worth it, especially for a special occasion. A lovely courtyard for outside dining; a noisy but fun bar in the "Treehouse" on the second floor. In the middle of the Taos shopping area on Bent St. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had the New Mexican pork sandwich, and my friend had one of the specials (blackened salmon sandwich). I sampled both of them, and mine was very average - it was basically a pulled pork sandwich minus the barbecue sauce. Was supposedly cooked with red chili, but to me, was very bland. My friend's sandwich was much better and had the great Cajun heat. The service was impeccable - if you go when it's warm, sit out in the patio - great place. I would go again, but would order something different.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

For years we have enjoyed fine meals at Lambert's of Taos, and were disappointed to see that their location was vacant. To our delight, they have moved to the location of another of our favorite restaurants, The Apple Tree, which closed a couple of years ago. It is a charming adobe with a lovely courtyard where we had appetizers and margaritas one afternoon, and returned for dinner a couple of days later. The Treehouse Margarita is one of the best I've ever had, and my husband enjoyed a New Amsterdam Manhattan, although we did wait quite a while for our drinks. We chose to have Greek salads, mussels, and calamari instead of entrees, and they were all delicious...and the triple chocolate mousse was superb!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I hadn't been to Lambert's since their move and ownership change. In the past we would drive up to Taos from Santa Fe for an overnight stay just to eat at Lambert's, a five-star experience located in a cozy house set back from the main road. Now located off the plaza in a two-story, adobe building, the chef owner has maintained the high level of food excellence but something has been lost in the welcoming hospitality....Basic service is what one gets at most restaurants these days; an attention to welcoming hospitality is quite another thing.

Our Wednesday night experience was less than what we had come to expect from pasts visits. We were ushered into a small, rather dark room. The canned music rather than the strains of jazz played (gratefully, softly played). Our young waitress seemed harried. We were left with only water for a good 10 to 15 minutes, as the bartender was evidently backed up. She smiled a lot but maintained a decidedly robotic approach. After the excellent meal -- we would recommend the three-soup appetizer -- we went up to the upstairs bar for a nightcap...very noisy in a nondescript,functional setting. The bartender was very busy but did take the time to talk to us and went out of his way to put three coffee beans in my snifter of ouzo as a nod to tradition for bringing good luck. We learned the next day from the host at our B&B that "Tom" the manager of 15 years was no longer in charge and it shows. The owner/chef needs to get out of the kitchen and oversee what's going on in the front of the house and do a good deal of tweaking to bring this back to a 5-star experience.

2  Thank BAKSPIN