Doc Martin's Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We had the roasted garlic appetizer and seafood enchiladas. The food was wonderful and the view from the restaurant was entertaining and engaging. There was also live music in the atrium and lots of shennanigans in the bar.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I could really care less about chile rellenos. They're fine but not something I would go out of my way to have. The waiter said I would be thrilled with them and I was really doing myself a disservice if I did not try them. OMG! Their rellenos are better than any I have ever had anywhere. Fabulous isn't even close. All the food was good but NOTHING we had made me smile like the rellenos. Simple UNBELIEVABLE!!

1  Thank kkhinnm
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I know that is quite a claim in the land of margaritas. But it's true. My fav is the cowboy Buddha. And their servers go out of their way to be helpful. We had six people and tried nachos with added chicken and all said best danged nachos ever. Our server was sweet and pretty with wavy blonde hair. She was new and fun to hear why she came to Taos from Chicago.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

We went for the music, a folk singer from Oklahoma who we had never heard of, but she certainly didn't disappoint. We had dinner in the bar area. I was skeptical about the "fresh Alaskan Cod" claim, never eat fish and chips, except at Legal Seafood or the Daily Catch, both in Boston, but ordered it anyway. The fish was crispy on the outside, very fresh and juicy on the inside. The chips were sweet potato fries and extremely good. My husband had the Thai Noodle Bowl, which included luscious scallops and a delightful coconut cream sauce. The serving was voluptuous and my husband raved about it for days later.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Our appetizer was excellent---however, we wish the waitress had mentioned that it was enough to serve our table of 4 instead of letting us get more than one. The rest was quite ordinary; the wine we wanted was unavailable and we had to choose another. Nothing about the meal was memorable. However, it was in the place we were staying so it was convenient.