“Not fine dining”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
Cambridge, MA
“Not fine dining”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We went to Doc Martin's for Christmas dinner during our stay in Taos. There was a lovely New Mexican style holiday menu posted on their web site, but the actual menu was pretty boring and could have been anywhere in the US. Service ranged from indifferent to adequate. When it became apparent we weren't going to run up a big tab, our waiter seemed to lose interest. On the plus side, they had a good beer menu, and wines by the glass were priced extremely reasonably. The next time I'm in Taos at Christmas, I will probably go to the Adobe Bar instead -- order off the bar menu and enjoy the live music. The restaurant wasn't that special.

Colorado
“Delicious food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This is always a must stop, especially for breakfast. Fresh food and great bread basket and coffee. Always a delight to eat there. Great ambiance and family friendly.

Santa Fe NM
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Cooked to perfection, both the green and red chile are excellent and the service is outstanding

1 Thank Charliie2109
el prado
“Great architecture and great food”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We had the roasted garlic appetizer and seafood enchiladas. The food was wonderful and the view from the restaurant was entertaining and engaging. There was also live music in the atrium and lots of shennanigans in the bar.

Visited July 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“What a surprise”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I could really care less about chile rellenos. They're fine but not something I would go out of my way to have. The waiter said I would be thrilled with them and I was really doing myself a disservice if I did not try them. OMG! Their rellenos are better than any I have ever had anywhere. Fabulous isn't even close. All the food was good but NOTHING we had made me smile like the rellenos. Simple UNBELIEVABLE!!

1 Thank kkhinnm