“Fine dining in an old Taos establishment...”

Doc Martin's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$15 - US$28
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
Reviewed 19 January 2014

A little pricey and with a limited menu (Only about 10 entrees) there should still be something here for everyone. Don't miss the Jackrabbit and Rattlesnake sausage or trout schnitzle! They have a bar and restaurant and the night we were there...live music. Nice!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

It was early on a Sunday morning, and even though there were few customers, we were ignored at first. We ate here because Bent Street wasn't open yet and we were guests at the hotel. I wasn't impressed with my breakfast and my husband's order was messed up. I got blueberry pancakes, which meant there were some blueberries served on my pancakes. Maybe other meals are better. The decor is interesting and fun.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were there in December 26, 2013 and the place was packed. With no reservation we were put on a list for 45 minutes so we worked our way over to the bar for a couple of drinks. As is the case with many places now, a $10 drink gets you a smallish glass packed with ice that you finish in about five gulps. For that alone I take off a star and have marked the value as poor. To reinforces this the food was pricey as well. Go at lunch if you want to save a fair chuck of change. That is it for the bad news.

The atmosphere was very nice with a tall Christmas tree in the middle of the main lobby and good live music being performed near by. When we finally got to our dining table the service was good, the food was hot, and the quality was much better than average but a tad short of superb.

The atmosphere, service, and quality went a long ways to make the bill less painful. Overall we had a nice time.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Brunch at Doc Martin's is a must! My husband loves the breakfast burritos and juevos rancheros! I love the breakfast breads and the blue corn pancakes with blueberries! Have a bloody mary or a mimosa and you have the best Southwest brunch! If you are going for dinner, make reservations; otherwise expect a bit of a wait! Yes, they are that good!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My wife Carol and I have been coming to Taos for 11 years, and we always make sure to eat here! We adore the atmosphere and the service, our hostess was very courteous and seated us fairly quickly. Our server, Clinton, was extremely helpful and answered all of our questions regarding the menu, wine list, and history of the Taos Inn. We would definitely reccomend Doc Martin's to anyone visiting Taos and the surrounding areas.