“Doc Martin's”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bent Street
Description: Doc Martin's Restaurant is an acclaimed dining establishment located in a registered historic landmark. A Taos tradition for locals and visitors alike, the warm ambiance of Doc's has been a gathering place since the 1920s and 30s. Our menu is a presentation of New American and Northern New Mexican cuisine, specializing in fresh organic foods from the Southwest. Known for its incredible value and vast selections from old to new world, our wine list has earned Wine Spectator's "Best Of" Award of Excellence for twenty-nine consecutive years.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Always reliable for good food, wide menu with something for every tasteand great friendly attentive service.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you've been to Taos before, you know there are a lot of "designer" restaurants, cute little places that only use organic or locally grown ingredients and have dishes you have never, ever heard of before. Nothing wrong with that if you are feeling adventurous except that you never know what you're going to get, is it going to be good or bad, is the portion going to be minuscule, etc. At Doc Martins you know exactly what your going to get..... good food, nice portions and modestly prices depending upon what you order. If you want a real meal that will leave you feeling totally satisfied, this is the place for you

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Doc's was okay. We went their on the recommendation of another couple. The service was a bit weak even though the place was pretty dead. The host was not very family and seemed distracted. Order a beer and it tasted old so had to get a replacement. Better but took some time. Had the elk burger but honestly it tasted no different than a regular burger. GF's food was better but nothing to write home about. Overall, nice atmosphere but that's about it. Oh. Good live music. Guy could play.

Adam K, Food & Beverage Director at Doc Martin's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

I appreciate the feed-back. Service is always the deal-maker or breaker for me. I assure you that we strive continuously to improve our standards and knowledge. I apologize if your experience was not up to par, it certainly should have been. When passing back through, please make sure to stop in and ask for me. I would love the opportunity to make a great second impression and to meet you firsthand! As always, see you at the Inn!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stopped here for dinner and decided to try the tacos. Each of us ordered two tacos and neither of us could even finish one each. They tasted like they had been sitting around for a while. The lettuce was dried out and the beef was begining to harden. Our server looked like he had just crawled out of a hole and never asked how our meal was. It was 9pm and the place was slow. There were only four tables in our area with 2-4 people each and I only saw him stop once at a couple of the tables for the 30 minutes we were there. He was so bad that a group next to us paid the bill and stiffed him. I know this because he was complaining loudly to another server and then he decided to chase them down the street. He came back empty handed and 5 minutes later one of the patrons returned and went right in to the manager.

Aloha! WOW....my first impression is that you were in Adobe Bar that evening, not Doc's, although it shouldn't make a difference no matter where you decide to hang. Tacos...man, we pride ourselves on having the biggest and best hand-sized tacos in Taos. To hear that you not only dis-liked them but received no help in making it right, really gets me running. How you were treated is not what we do, I know that if either myself or my assistant are on the floor (which is almost always), we can definitely help. You state that a fellow patron went to a 'manager', but did you ask to speak with one. Once you leave there is not a lot I can do besides apologize, apologize, apologize. I would love to be able to talk further about your experience. Please do not hesitate, call me directly at the Inn. This way, I can address the individual specifically, and help facilitate the needed adjustments. Thanks again and as always, see you at the Inn!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived at Doc Martin's for lunch on a weekday around 1:30, hot and tired. The hostess did not even say "hello" to us, and it seemed like a bother for her to pull out menus for us. We should have turned around and left, or spoken to the hotel manager, but we were exhausted. After we were unpleasantly seated, we waited at least 5-10 minutes for our server; the restaurant was almost empty inside--several diners were outside. Our lunches were good; we felt rejuvinated after we ate. When we were leaving the restaurant, the "hostess" did not look up or speak to us. I don't think we have ever felt as unwelcome in a place of business, and we will never return to this restaurant. I hope the hostess will consider other employment, because her customer service skills were disgraceful, and this reflects on the restaurant.

1  Thank Cindy H