“Great Diner, with a liquor license”
Review of Taos Diner

Taos Diner
Ranked #15 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

Awesome breakfast, with a Bloody Mary! Traditional diner food. Seems like lunch would be great also.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

You usually aren't let down when you go to a place that the locals swarm. On a recent trip to Taos, we noticed that there were not one, but TWO Taos diners, a sure sign that diner #1 had gotten to the point of being overwhelmed. Another clue is that both diners have large overflow parking areas and signs in front of nearby businesses asking you not to take up all the spaces. hmm. The hubster and I pulled in one rainy, overcast Saturday and lucked into a quick table. Diner #2 was packed and things were humming. Lots of families, couples, plates piled high with steaming breakfasts, a good ambience. The menu offered lots of options along with several vegan and healthy whatnots. I got a southwest scramble loaded with vegs and ham, potatoes and the most beautiful homemade biscuit I had ever seen. The hubster piled into a big bacon and cheese omelet. VERY tasty, good price, good service, nice waitstaff, and just a generally good feeling about the place. We were well pleased and well fed and will be back!

1  Thank Travelswithmutts
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We crave the home fries smothered in green and red chili, half and half, aka, christmas style. Sooooo goooood. Taos style, you would never know what a great place either of these places are since they really do not advertise or have much for signage. Hey, it is Taos!

1  Thank kathyred9824
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Leaving Taos in the morning, we wanted to find a quick, yet good place to have breakfast. There is was right across the street from McDonald's - Taos Diner II. Some may say it's a tourist trap, ad maybe it is... but we were so pleased with the quality of the food and the service. Husband had their Chicken Fried Steak with a huge biscuit and gravy which he found to be very good and quite filling. I had the eggs Benedict with the traditional Hollandaise sauce (they have 2-3 other Hollandaise choices). My tastebuds were dancing! It was by far the best Hollandaise sauce I have tasted in a very long time. As it turns out, it's made in house also. The restaurant was packed, yet everything was cooked perfectly, the wait time was minimal, and our server, Ivana, waited on us with a sweet, cheerful smile. We will definitely come back.

2  Thank RosieMZ
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Once again, our TomTom navigation couldn't find our dining destination so we asked a local for the Taos Diner. It turns our there is Taos Diner 1 and Taos Diner 2. We ate at #1, a late breakfast. It was very good. They have a wide variety for aux natural to typical breakfast food (eggs, etc.). I have an omelet which was good. My husband had machaca with New Mexican red chili sauce. I had my first bite ever of his chili sauce and had a taste bud dance. I had been worried it would be too hot for me as I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to hot spice. However it was tasty, not spicy. My husband, seeing the future of his meal, quickly ordered a side of the chili sauce for me to pour over my omelet as he still wanted to have some food on his plate for himself. The portions were very generous, the food very good, and the service good. Highly recommend Toas Diner for breakfast.