“its ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Taos Diner
Ranked #17 of 125 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aztec, New Mexico, United States
“its ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

service was strange. they seemed high, and slow at doing anything. The décor was creepy paintings. furniture was old could us some fixing or be replaced. Food was ok but not worth the high price.

Visited July 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice diner for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Ate at the south diner near the central plaza, arrived at 8:30 AM on Sunday and was seated right away. Nice sunny setting with lots of windows and an old fashioned diner feel. Very busy wait staff but service was good, all the ordering, serving and coffee refills were very timely by a charming waitress. Had a small wait for the food (~10 minutes) but it was spot on when it arrived. Standard breakfast fare for me; two fried eggs, fried potatoes and a biscuit along with a side of green chili. No surprises just good food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Salt Lake City
“Great breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I like to try local places. It's sometimes hit or miss. This was a definite hit. We came for a late lunch (1:30) and were thrilled to see that they serve breakfast all day. I had eggs with green chilis and a biscuit. The biscuit was like my southern mom used to make: flavorful, tender, and a bit crispy on the outside. The eggs were cooked perfectly. My husband had eggs with chirizo, which he said was great. The diner serves organic eggs.

Taos Diner is located on the main street in Taos. It has a funky diner feel and look, exactly what we were looking for.

Taos, New Mexico
“Outstanding Comfort Food & Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I live in Taos, so I eat in Taos whenever possible to keep revenues local. This is one restaurant that we frequent so much everyone knows who we are and what we usually order. The food is outstanding! The owner buys from local organic farmers. I've seen her selectively pick from what they offer and only take the best. She offers gluten-free choices (YEA!) and the food is ALWAYS fresh and high quality. I've never had a bad meal there EVER. She provides local cuisine, great salads, burgers, sweet potato fries (YUM) and the regular kind...but the really GREAT meals are at breakfast! I recommend the Copper John breakfast - scrambled eggs with cheese and fresh green New Mexico chilis, potato wedges (I sub sweet potato fries), and a bread (I substitute grits). Great way to start the day. The pancakes look awesome and the bacon is to die for (thick, long, perfectly cooked). You GOTTA try this place. They close about mid-afternoon, so get breakfast and lunch (probably have to eat lunch another day because you'll still be REALLY full after eating breakfast there!). The service staff are wonderful. They are always smiling and I've NEVER had an incorrect order - even with all my substitutions. YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS PLACE OUT WHEN IN TAOS....and the good news...she has a second restaurant in El Prado (north side of town) called Taos Diner 2. Bon appetit!

Oklahoma
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife had breakfast at the Taos Dinner II, July 5th. She had French Toast, she may be the best she ever eat. That's a big complement, as she eat it everywhere she goes. I had a 3 egg omelet, it was huge, couldn't eat all of it. But it was very good. Great service, we will have breakfast there every time we are in Taos.