“Good Food/Atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stopped by for a quick Sunday brunch before departing Taos. The food, service, and atmosphere were all great. Arrived at 10:30 and did not have any trouble finding a table.

1  Thank FranciscoDanconia
There are newer reviews for Taos Diner

Reviewed 1 December 2013

just north of town heading to ski country, is the Taos Diner... great green chile breakfast burrito, waffles, bacon and good coffee...
if you're looking for the best deal in Taos you found it here... expect it to be crowded but you'll get in/out quick... its a great stop for anyone on any budget

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The first morning we were in Taos we went looking for a place for breakfast. It was Sunday morning and driving along we saw a lot of cars outside of the Taos Diner. Always a good sign. We went in and seated ourselves. Great menu. Hard to decide what to eat. My husband had huevos rancheros but I opted for eggs, sausage, potatoes and biscuit. You should see the biscuits. They are as big as baseballs, even bigger and oh so good. Everything was delicious. I notices on the whiteboard they had different breads. I bought a loaf of green chili sourdough for a dinner later that evening. It was delicious. I can highly recomment this restaurant. In fact, we went back again. Oh, we also bought two cinnamon rolls. Should have bought one for breakfast the next a.m. in the resort where we were staying. They were HUGE!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had a little trouble finding the Taos Diner on our drive from Albuquerque, thanks to Apple maps. It originally directed us to an address across from the Taos Diner II and then someplace near the Pueblo. We turned to Google maps and headed in the right direction, but couldn't see the place. A phone call help us find the diner.

When we walked in, it seemed like a hole in the wall... in a good way. We were seated and reviewed the menu. We each ordered one of the specials on the board: chorizo enchiladas. Great choice! I loved the heat level. Delicious and a level of spice that seemed to elevate during the meal, but not too much to overpower the flavor of the dish. We ordered a biscuit to share, and it was big enough to share.

As good as the food was, the service was a highlight. The place was very laid back, and our waitress was very nice. I had a decaf coffee with the meal, and she brewed a fresh pot for me. When we paid the check, she gave me a cup to go... perfect for a cool afternoon in Taos.

It was definitely worth the effort to find the place, no thanks to Apple maps!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We always have well done food... The service can be a little slow but they are always nice. The breakfast burrito is big enough for two.