“Really delicious New Mexico food!”
Review of Taos Diner

Taos Diner
Ranked #15 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My son and I had lunch at the diner during a recent visit and were so impressed with the food we left plates that looked like they had just been washed.

The diner is a "home-style" place where many locals come to eat and visit. The waitress arrived as soon as we were at the table and I asked her what was available in vegetarian dishes. After she began going through the choices, I settled on the cheese enchilada with green chiles and my son ordered the fish tacos. The food arrived after about 10 minutes, freshly cooked. Only one enchilada arrived, but it was about the size of my upper forearm and 8 inches long with a side of pintos and rice with local spices. I had ordered a side of red chile, in case the green wasn't spicy enough, but the red ended up going home with us.

My son was thoroughly impressed with the fish tacos. So much so that he sent a picture to his wife, the gourmet cook, with suggestions about how they could be made at home when he returned.

The service was friendly, the food great and the atmosphere congenial and relaxing. To top it off, the prices were good.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Driving through Taos we stopped at the Taos Diner to stretch our legs and grab lunch.
Menu offers a good mix of local, organic and gluten free items.
Beef enchiladas and fish tacos were very good. Kids menu was typical.
Service was good and recommendation from staff that portions are large and to avoid appetizers was spot on.

Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The food was decent, but nothing to write home about. The service was just okay - the server wasn't particularly personable but they did a good job bringing our food and refilling our glasses. Unfortunately they forgot to wipe down the vinyl booth seat before we were seated and I sat in red chili sauce and had to walk around Taos all day in white shorts with a big red stain on my rear end.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We had a party of 7 and all had raves about the food! Food was delicious and service was great. However, they close at 2:30... Get there early enough for breakfast but stay till lunch :-) enchalida sauce to die for.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Super friendly wait staff and the eggs benedict was scrumptious! We got there about 9:00 and sat down right away, but by 10 the place was packed with tourists as well as many locals. Would definitely breakfast here again!