“If you must have GF they are great, otherwise...”
Review of Taos Diner

Taos Diner
Ranked #15 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Flower Mound, Texas
“If you must have GF they are great, otherwise...”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Not sure if we were there on an off day or not, but service was spotty and food was unremarkable. My daughter had GF pancakes and didn’t finish them. My son tried them and NOPE, wasn’t interested. My son had a meal with a biscuit, which was too chewy and the bottom was inedible. After much waiting, were able to flag someone down to ask for a less RIGID version and received more of the same. The staff was really helpful when I was paying and asking a question. Just would have preferred that type of attention when we were dining. Not sure I would recommend anyone to put it on their MUST visit spots.

• Visited August 2014

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Totally Great Gluten Free!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is NOT our usual stop in Taos . . . but we decided to make a change this year, and we are glad we did! The menu is sufficient and the gluten free options are wonderful! We had the following gluten free: pancakes, bacon/green chili/cheese biscuit, a cinnamon and spice donut, and the papas and huevos. It was all fantastic! The biscuit was very good -- being tender and not dry. The pancakes would give any gluten-filled competitor a run for their money! This was the first donut we have had since being diagnosed celiac and we were not disappointed (except for the cost! $3.25 per donut!)

The wait staff didn't start out real friendly, but they did warm up a smidge and even corrected a mistake that was made in the kitchen. However, she did say, "I can get a new one if this chili is too hot" rather than making it right before bringing it out.

The quantity is more than you can possibly eat . .. unless you're a high school boy! We will now pass over our "go to place" in Taos and head straight for Taos Diner!

Delish!

• Visited August 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Outstanding Breakfast with Local Flavor”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went in for breakfast. All four of our meals were outstanding. The omelets and egg dishes all came with your choice or red, green or Christmas chili sauce. All of the food and the chili sauces were very good. My daughter had pancakes which were also very good. Big portion sizes, great service, nice casual atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014
Riverton, Wyoming
“Best fish tacos ever!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Two years in a row = Best Fish Tacos Ever! Something about maintaining quality control over the long term...; that's a good thing!

• Visited July 2014
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Wow!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Our hotel clerk recommended the Taos Diner. It doesn't look like much from the out side, but this place serves up real deal New Mexican food in huge quantities. We ate breakfast there and I ordered the breakfast burrito, Christmas style. The burrito was the size of a football and I couldn't finish it, although I wanted to because it was so good. I highly recommend this place.

Visited August 2014