“Very good food in an unusual setting”
Review of Down Town Bistro - CLOSED

Down Town Bistro
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Downtown Bistro features international cuisine with fresh, locally and organically grown produce. Our creative chefs prepare unique specials daily. Located in the heart of Taos, our restaurant features over 100 international wines by the glass.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Very good food in an unusual setting”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

A group of family members were staying in Taos for a couple of days and planned to meet up with other family members for a meal. Our choice was Down Town Bistro due to its location. As it turns out the food was wonderful, very abundant and extremely tasty. Almost everyone in the group had an Italian dish which was done perfectly. Some of us had salmon with a salad and it was also wonderful, perfectly cooked and not drowning in sauce. It was a good experience. It was a Tuesday night, so the restaurant was not crowded at all and our waitress was very attentive and served us well. The whole experience was very pleasant. I hope they continue to do well in that location or in another one close by. It's located in a strip mall near several hotels.

• Visited June 2013

Deming, NM
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My husband and I ate dinner at the Downtown Bistro a few nights ago. It was our first visit to the restaurant and we were a bit apprehensive about going in since there were very few cars in the parking lot. Nevertheless, we decided to give it a try and were very glad that we did. I chose to have the lasagna and my husband selected one of the night's specials, the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin. While waiting for our meals, we were directed to the olive bar for some delicious appetizers. Our dinners were both tasty and plentiful. The meat sauce that accompanied my lasagna tasted homemade and was loaded with beef. My husband's pork was tender and juicy. Each meal was served with a yummy tossed salad that had an olive oil dressing. We also enjoyed a glass of wine with our dinners, mine being a Pino noir and my husband's being a Cabernet blend. We recommend this restaurant highly and will go there again on our next visit to Taos.

Visited May 2013
Wellington, Colorado
“Best Meal we had in Taos”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We stayed at the Indian Hills Inn next to the Down Town Bistro. We were going to try it out, but my husband wanted Mexican food, so we went to Orlando's. What a mistake. So the next night we went to the Down Town Bistro. Got there about 7:45 pm and no one was dining. Our server was nice and the bread and olive oil dips were a nice treat. And the main course was fantastic. My husband had the Lasagne and I had the Squash Ravioli. Added a nice glass of wine and our meal was perfect. By the time we left about 9 pm, two other couples had come in to dine, and then 4 Taos Sheriffs showed up to eat. They seemed to be regulars. The atmosphere was really attractive. Compared to the meal we had a Orlando's, this was 5-star and for the same price. I think this place is a great find.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank SuzEQB
Lexington KY
“Unsure”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

The first time we discovered the Bistro, it was an exciting find. off the Plaza, It offered incredible food at really good prices, particularly the butternut ravioli. When we returned a couple of years later, same item, not as well prepared and another entree was ok but nothing outstanding. Then returning another couple of years after that, only one other couple in the place, yet I had to send my entree, seafood, back because it was cold. It seems that the owner who is gracious and personable has allowed the economic times since 2008, take over the place.

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Friendly spot for quiet lunch”
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

Drove up from Santa Fe for the scenery ahead of ski season and had a pleasant meal. Few patrons late in the lunch afternoon but had delicious meal. Staff friendly and bar looks like a fun place to be with a crowd. Would be interested to have dinner here on next visit to the area.