“If I Had To Pick An Absolute Favorite”
Review of Byzantium

Byzantium
Ranked #49 of 130 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$18 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
St. Louis
“If I Had To Pick An Absolute Favorite”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Scott created a true dining pleasure. All aspects are top notch...ambiance, décor, service, and of course the food. Keeping the restaurant very small allows him to focus entirely on making sure the diners have the best experience. Note...this is not a restaurant to wolf down your food and run. It is meant for you to relax and savor, celebrating life with a fine meal. My only complaint is that I don't live in Taos but I dine at Byzantium on every visit. I recommend Byzantium to all my friends visiting Taos, and you to!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank QuartzSeeker

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Just South of the Plaza”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We chose the Byzantium based on TA reviews and the recommendation of our B&B hosts. We were a disappointed with the mixed greens goat cheese salad - it seemed to be missing something. And the atmosphere was not as romantic as other reviewers had mentioned.
The steak with shrimp entree and chicken entree were very tasty and the service was well paced. We visited on a weeknight at 6:30PM and were the only diners until we left at 7:45PM
Beware - the menu is very limited; check it out before being seated.

• Visited May 2013
“A gem”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

This is a must try. Overall the experience was great. The owner/host/chef has been here for over 20 years! He literally has seven tables and only wants to be able to serve that many. He wants one turn it seems, as he appreciates it when you sit and spend an hour and half or two in his restaurant.
The food quality was exceptional. The menu & wine list are minimal, but the Pinot we had was a great wine. My only complaint was my chicken was slightly over cooked, but the flavor was really good. My fiancée loved his pork chop. You have to get the kraut. It is authentic & de-Li-cious!

You won't be disappointed if you go in with the right frame of mind.

• Visited April 2013
London
“Friendly place to eat”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We ate here two nights running on our trip to Taos, which tells you something to begin with. On both nights the food was excellent and very nicely presented and the proprietor was very pleased to see us come back for the second evening. The restaurant is small with just seven tables and is run by the proprietor and his chef. The proprietor is very friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. Being a very small place, the food doesn't come too quickly but that helps give a relaxed feel to the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Durango, Colorado
“Byzantium is a jewel”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

There are only about 8 tables in a jewel like room with flickering chandeliers and eclectic tables and chairs. We had a warm pear salad with a bacon vinaigrette and freshly baked bread like I've never experienced before. So delicious. The sautéed chicken over garlic mashed potatoes was excellent as was my husband's steak and shrimp dinner. Service was attentive, and very friendly. I can't wait to go there again. A small menu but everything, and I mean everything, is cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. Reasonable prices too.

Visited April 2013