“Can't beat the bean and cheese burrito!”
Review of Guadalajara Grill

Guadalajara Grill
Ranked #32 of 130 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I usually eat at the El Prado location of the Guadalajara Grill, but friends coming from the South wanted to eat Mexican food, so I suggested we meet here. I was not disappointed.

I got my standard large bean and cheese burrito with green chiles, and it was delicious as always. My friend got one too (but with red chiles), and was surprised by how big it was. (She had asked the man who took our order about the size and he mislead her into thinking the burrito would be smaller than it actually was.)

The friend's kid ordered the chicken nuggets from the kids' menu. She was worried it might not be enough to fill her up, but she ended up taking leftovers with her. The "nuggets" are more like tenders, large, and come with plenty of fries to fill up a little whippersnapper.

The decor at this location isn't as bright and cheerful as at the El Prado location, and the dining room feels a bit cavernous, but we sat on the patio, and that was delightful.

In any case, the food is great and the portions are generous.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Second visit to this joint in the last 2 years while passing through for work. Fish tacos this go around and they were excellant. A little heavy on the cilantro for me but were still good. Highly recommend and will visit again if I have the opportunity.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

To be clear: This review is regarding the Guadalajara Grill on Paseo del Pueblo Sur. I did not eat at the location on Paseo del Pueblo Norte.

Having heard everyone rave about the Mexican food in New Mexico, I was very excited to try it. And while I'm sure there is great Mexican food in the area, I definitely did not find it here. First of all, given the relatively high price, I would have expected a sit-down, peaceful environment. Rather, I walked in and found myself in a place akin to a '90s burger joint, where we ordered at the counter, selecting from an overhead menu. Far from a pleasant dinner environment, there were loud kids all over the place.
Dissuaded by the high prices, I got a simple bean and cheese burrito. Normally, that's a great default for me, but this one just had no taste whatsoever. To be fair, my friend had fish tacos and said they were decent. The margarita we shared came out of a 7-Eleven style slushy machine.
I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews of this place. My two cents are that it is not worth it.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is an order at the counter and they bring your food to your booth place. Food is excellent. Prices are reasonable and portions are good-sized. They do not have tamales, which I think is kind of strange. One of our "go-to" places when we want mexican food. They also serve wine and beer.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Right off the highway. If you are driving through and need a great place this for you. Fresh salsa and dishes.