“Fantstic Nachos, Fast Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Guadalajara Grill
Ranked #29 of 125 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantstic Nachos, Fast Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I've been to this location of the Guadalajara Grill several times and have even brought out-of-town guests here. The service is always fast, even when the place is packed. (Diners order at the counter, then are given a number to place on their table. Staff brings the freshly prepared food to the table.)

I do like the decor better at the El Prado location. It just seems a little warmer there, a little more colorful. But I go to the Grill for the food, not the way the dining room looks.

I ordered nachos again, and wasn't disappointed. The portion was huge (I only ate half of it for dinner and saved the other half for breakfast) and delicious. (Small bits of what I presume were jallepeno peppers gave the dish a spicy kick.) Even cold the next day, this food was tasty!

My dining companion got the chile rellenos plate, which also was a huge amount of food. She seemed to enjoy her meal. (She is a picky diner, so if she'd had a complaint, she certainly would have voiced it.)

I plan to dine here again and will recommend the Guadalajara Grill to others.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Blaize S

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

causal sty this is not Northern new mexico, but rather old mexico food it is good orchata I believe I just misspelled that sweet rice milk must be try ed here, both locations are good.

Visited August 2014
texas
“Unexceptional Mexican food on the south side of Taos”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Took forever to order at the counter and the trip to wash my hands was long and frustrated by a lack of paper towels in the rest room. Food appeared quickly, though. My enchiladas were fine, but I thought the tortillas were a bit soggy. My husband’s chile relleno was HUGE, very heavily breaded and a touch undercooked. Rice and beans were nothing special at all.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Avoid if you want spice!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Visiting Taos on vacation, we decided to stop here based on the reviews. We had the barbacoa tacos and the beef enchiladas with red chili. The place does NOT live up to the reviews. Let's start with the positive: service was prompt and accurate, the restaurant was clean. Having said that, the food was bland. There was no spice or flavor to the enchiladas, the sauce was tomato based, cheese was barely there. Not like anything I've had in New Mexico, which is not meant to be positive. The barbacoa was well cooked but not well seasoned. The sides are strictly fillers. This was more like watered down, fast food New Mexican food. If you are looking for good New Mexican cuisine, go elsewhere.

1 Thank Anne H
“Taos Bad Mexican”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The folks where we stayed recommended this place and one other for our first night in town. My wife and I had the fajitas, beef and chicken. The beef was cut into shoe-string size strips and was crispy. The chicken was over cooked and dry. The rice was tasteless and the beans were equally bland. The margaritas and the staff were great. We will not return.