“Our family Christmas in Taos”
other travellers have booked this property
Your introduction to the inside of 'Sunrise at the dOme' living room
Dining room that can seat up to 10 of your friends/family with the views. The view of dOme from the formal dining room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Your introduction to the inside of 'Sunrise at the dOme' living room
Dining room that can seat up to 10 of your friends/family with the views.
The view of dOme from the formal dining room
Sunrise at the dOme
You enter through the teak doors
Two acres with a pasture and corral. You can bring your horse!
Entrance with the 38 foot beams
Beams continue inside. Wood stove and the wood is provided.
Entrance: secure gated property
Kitchen: granite, stainless steel. Everything you will need. I am a foodie!
Kitchen Bar
Kitchen is large
Dry Bar with all the glasses for your cocktail needs. Hallway to the back bedrooms, bathroom
Living room inside the dOme
Great entertaining space
Full size Sauna
Loft sleeps 4: queen and full (Euro lounge opens)
Living area in dome and steps to the loft
Steps to Loft
Separate stall shower with a view
Double sinks and a hot towel bar. Tub is a jacuzzi style.
Looking up in the dOme
King bed in the view room
Bedroom with a walk in closet. Robes await you. All rooms have the full mountain view.
Entrance area. Bench to change into slippers
Master Bedroom with a king bed
View from the Master Bedroom
Nicho in Master Bedroom
Slippers for you comfort
Washing Machine and Dryer
View of Property after a fresh snowfall
Every morning the Sunrise is different
Sunrise from the dining room window
Sunrise
Sunset Glow
The dOme home
Reflection in window
Summer View
Master Bathroom: two sinks, separate shower, two person tub.
Master Bathtub. Soak together.
Master suite Kitchenette
Original art throughout the home.
Afternoon Light in December. The view from the home.
New Decking and step system to get to the Sunset view spot on the property.
There are three art installations along the path up.
Art installation along the path.
The top deck with 360 degree views. Cocktail time during sunset!
The patio and covered porch outside the bedrooms.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
mckinney1...
McKinney, Texas
“Our family Christmas in Taos”
Reviewed 28 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Our Christmas was made even more special bacause of the Times we shared and for the beautiful Sunrise st The dome. The owner provided information on great events and restaurants. This home has quality amenities, we loved the outdoor hot tub. We are planning to return to Taos in the summer to enjoy outdoor activities and culture.

bradleypd...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wish I could give 6 stars”
Reviewed 12 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

This place is a remarkable gem and I would highly recommend to anyone visiting northern New Mexico. It is located in a great spot - just outside of the "bustle" of Taos, but convenient to both the town and to the ski resort. We went in September and it was perfectly situated for our itinerary, which included seeing both town and mountains. The House itself is incredibly unique, luxurious and extremely well-maintained. You will be pleasantly surprised at every turn. Plus the views from the deck and patio are jaw-dropping. It has all the conveniences you need for a comfortable vacation..and then a few more: hot tub after a long day - check; a sauna when you want to unwind - check; reliable internet - check; a remarkable deck space to watch the stars or sunset with a glass of wine or hot drink - check. This was so much better than staying at a hotel or condo. Ellen, the owner, was a joy to deal with and gave us great recommendations for things to do in the area and restaurants to check out. Do yourself a favor and book it for your next visit.

26 Sep 2017
I hope you do come back again. It is really different each season. Thanks for trusting me and my listing. Thanks for respecting my home. I have worked hard remodeling over the past ten years and I am still working on it. I do love sharing it with folks that appreciate and respect what I have created. Please Return! -Ellen
Sightseer...
“Sunrise at the dOme”
Reviewed 25 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a fabulous stay at Sunrise at the dOme. There was so much attention to detail. Every creature comfort was available. We will certainly be returning the next time we are in New Mexico! Thank you, Ellen.

26 Aug 2017
It means so much to me to host folks that appreciate the dOme property. I thank you for picking my home and for understanding the attention to details. I am glad that you had a great Taos stay. Please stay at one of my two properties in Northern NM, if your future plans return you to the "Land of Enchantment".
Virginia...
“Great deck and sitting areas”
Reviewed 20 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Comfortable, lovely home with great deck views was a perfect setting for the family stay in Taos. I want to come back with my hiking friends. Well supplied kitchen was helpful in preparing a few at home meals.

MPoagMD
Houston, Texas
“A Remarkable Property”
Reviewed 19 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

There is not another place like this on the entire Taos mountain. 3 miles from town, 10 miles up the road to the ski school, "Sunrise" has everything you'd want to feel like a local, albeit a blessed, sophistocated local who enjoys the finer things in life - amazing views, luxurious beds and linens, fully-stocked kitchen, fabulous local art. The owner, Ellen, has created a retreat here - while within a mile to excellent local restaurants (Common Fire, Azeq) and the Millicent Rogers Museum, we had a hard time wanting to leave the house. Our 16 year old son stoked the wood-burning stove every evening, our daughters read in the comfortable loft, and my husband and I soaked in the hot tub and star gazed from the ingenious, solar-lit decking system outside. But that glorious sunrise over the mountains every morning from the floor to ceiling dining room windows! Thank you, Ellen, for introducing us to this magical place.

19 Mar 2017
Dear Mary,
It is guests like you that I want to stay at my home. I have put my heart and soul into this project and have been working on it since 2007. I love when my guests appreciate the dOme and get to make it their own for short special time in Taos. I do hope that you will contact me again if Taos is in your future plans.
Sunshine1...
Miami Beach, Florida
“The dome is like no other stairway to the heavens …Gr8 chefs kitchen”
Reviewed 7 February 2017 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

7 miles from the chairlift . Road in and out had many historic sites along the way. No other property has an elevated deck above a house with super vistas to make memorable moments at sunrise and sunset. Amazing stair way to the New Mexico Sky

Your age range 50-64
pggtee
Hobbs, New Mexico
“UUUHHH-MAZING”
Reviewed 7 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Sunrise at the Dome was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.
The house was clean, well stocked, in good repair, wonderfully decorated, and most importantly - it felt like home away from home. My friends and I were able to relax and cook and have fun! The scenery is amazingly beautiful and I wouldn't rather stay in any other vacation home in that area!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The windows in this house and the views are wonderful! The outside patio is the most relaxing place to sit and enjoy New Mexico sunshine!
Liked least: That I had to leave :(
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
8 Jun 2016
I am SO glad you had a great trip and please know you are Welcome Back.
-Ellen.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing