“Lovely Ambiance, Great Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mosaic Fine Dining - CLOSED

Mosaic Fine Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Lovely Ambiance, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This restaurant is tucked away in the La Fonda hotel. It has a cozy little bar with a good wine selection and a selection of craft beer as well. The staff was very welcoming. The food was excellent and well prepared American cuisine. Had the steak and it was cooked perfectly. Would definitely come back.

• Visited December 2013

Placitas, NM
“A hidden gem in La Fonda Del Taos on the plaza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We chose to have dinner in our hotel. It turned out to be a great choice. We shared a huge appetizer called a The Ploughman's.......... It included a delicious pate, three different cheeses, marinated veggies, a delicious fruit spread in a little dish and delectable puffed triangles on which to spread all those delicious items. Then we both chose the duck 1/2 portion. The half was more than enough. It was prepared to perfection and served with a delectable fruit sauce and accompanied by appropriate sides. The duck was succulent without the taste or appearance of fat.
As it was my birthday, I chose an incredible chocolate torte flambé. I asked for the whipped cream on the side, but I couldn't resist eating it with the torte. What a magnificent birthday dinner.
The service was amazing. We had a delightful waiter, who helped us to make our choices. He was friendly, helpful and attentive. In all, it was the best possible birthday meal!
I should mention that they only serve beer and wine.

• Visited November 2013
Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico, USA
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This new restaurant buried inside the historic La Fonda Taos is worth searching out. Owner/chef George Bartel and manager Isabel Alford have created a cozy space with an innovative menu. For a fun, more informal dining experience, sit at the bar and order from the bar menu (that's what my husband and I did). Be aware that, like many places in New Mexico, they only serve beer, wine and wine-based cocktails.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Laurie M
boulder co
“Delicious appetizer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stopped in for a glass of wine and an appetizer. Both were very good and reasonably priced. One of the owners was there, and she was friendly and interesting. They were serving fried green tomatoes, the tomatoes being from her garden. The bar tender was also engaging.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank traveling_foodie1
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Outstanding service and location; quirky, (mostly) excellent menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

A friend and I had dinner at Mosaic Fine Dining during a girls' getaway in Taos. The menu was very inventive, and also a little confusing. My first course (a half order of the Thai curry mussels) was delicious, filling, and rather entree-like, and my main dish (the vegetarian mosaic) was like a sampler plate of vegetarian appetizers. So in the end I had a complete and tasty meal, albeit in what seemed like reverse order. My friend originally ordered that evening's special, but when she told our server she wasn't enjoying it, he immediately replaced it with a different dish, which she enjoyed much more. Our server was, in fact, outstanding, providing a wealth of information about the dishes on the menu, making very accurate and helpful suggestions, and checking on us at exactly the right times. So, to the extent that the menu itself was quirky and perhaps a little uneven, the five-star service went a long way toward resolving any issues we had. The wine list seemed excellent and reasonably priced for the context. And the context -- the La Fonda Inn on the Taos Plaza -- is of course lovely. All in all, it was a very pleasant dining experience; and it seems likely that the quality of the food will become more consistent as the restaurant hits its stride; my understanding is that it just opened a few months ago.

• Visited September 2013