“One of the thickest steaks I've seen!”
Review of Martyrs Steakhouse

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Martyrs Lane
Description: Fine Dining Taos Style! We offer a wonderful selection of organic meats, locally grown salads, custom made desserts, and much more! Patio seating available. Large parties. Private party building. Catering. Dog Friendly Patio
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were admitted to this fancy restaurant on a Saturday evening without reservations; the exchange was that we sat outside. Since it was a pleasant evening, that was fine. Overall, the service was a little slow, but the food was wonderful, and they honored our request for no seasonings on the food. One of the vegetables served was yellow beets; they tasted the same as red beets, but unusual. We had the 8 oz. filet Mignon; it was very thick, juicy and tasty. Overall, a great experience!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A few months back I wrote a rave review of Martyrs, however, the place has fallen into complete chaos. The Front of the House just cannot seem to get itself together, and now the chef has appeared to have quit caring about the place as well.
I dont even want to go into it, it was so bad. Long wait times, A raw burger, twice, then the same mutilated burger the third time out, 2 hours into service, the place was not full, but I had to ask the server for utensils, the third time, same tortured burger on the Same Greasy Brioche, Stunningly horrid. Everyone on the patio was talking, about how terrible everything was, waiting a long time for drinks, because apparently the servers are also the bartenders and do not have time to make their great cocktail menu, so, you just get your food before the drinks ever arrive.
I did email the chef, because Im local and we spend hundreds on brunches, champagne everytime, its our only time out of our busy careers. He Did not feel it worthy to write me back.
They obviously do not care about losing good clientele. In fact, I dont think they care at all now, about anything.

6  Thank Patricia K
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is such a pretty restaurant. White walls, wood floors, beamed ceiling.
They touted their cocktail menu so we ordered one and a glass of wine. I think it took over 15 minutes to get the drinks to the table. That is just too long when the restaurant and patio are not even 1/4 full. Like I said... a Monday night.
We asked to have a bottle of wine decanted. And after about 15 minutes.... we were told they "couldn't find" the bottle we requested even though they kept telling us their inventory showed four.
So we ordered a different bottle. By now we are more than done with our cocktail and sparkling wine and midway through our appetizers. It still took quite a bit of time to get the newly ordered wine to the table and opened.
That being said. I truly enjoyed by Ceasar Salad. It was perfect. The filets were tender and delicious. The vegetables - a broccolini and carrot mixture were quite tasty. The snowy white decorative mounds of mash potatoes... rather flavorless but I guess that is why some people use lots of butter.
The service was earnest. They tried hard to please but it just did not rise to the occasion. But I would gladly give it another try, just on a different night of the week.

1  Thank PastaMom2011
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I were on our way north after spending a few days in Santa Fe. We decided to stop in Taos for the night to explore the area. We discovered Martyrs in a hotel tourist magazine and were extremely pleased with everything! The ambiance and the service were excellent. Both of us had the filet, and they were superb! Tender, flavorful and cooked perfectly. We ordered a peppercorn sauce, but soon discovered that the steak did not require any condiment to enhance the flavor. Great experience from beginning to end!

1  Thank NannokNakita
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We celebrated my husbands 74th Birthday at Martys Steakhouse for lunch and it was outstanding. The soup of the day was Roasted Pepper.....delicious. Hot baked fresh bread was a perfect compliment. Than came our salads, potatoes and sirlion steak.....cooked just the way we liked it. We finished off the meal with their famous BREAD PUDDING.....with the staff singing "Happy Birthday" and everyone else in the restuarant joined in. This is great customers. If your mouth is watering for a perfect steak dinner you must go to MARTYS STEAKHOUSE in Taos, NM.

2  Thank taosgranny