“Just plain yummy!”

Ranked #38 of 125 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$16 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, International, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Martyrs Lane
Description: Fine Dining Taos Style! We offer a wonderful selection of organic meats, locally grown salads, custom made desserts, and much more! Patio seating available. Large parties. Private party building. Catering.
Chino, California
“Just plain yummy!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I split the soup of the day and a rib eye steak. The soup was a Thai fish curry that was out of this world and the steak was cooked to perfection and delicious. We had a glass of wine each and with tip, the total was $75.00. Well worth it. It would be twice as much in Los Angeles. Highly recommend :)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank JamesWdog

Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Only the manager saved this experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had such high hopes for this restaurant. The steaks smelled delicious as we were waiting for our table. They had specific descriptions of the degree of doneness for steak so we thought we were in good hands. The server was a bit ditzy and the service was very slow but it was a lovely evening so we sat back to enjoy. My husband ordered a steak medium rare with a side of sauce and au gratin potatoes. I ordered my steak rare. His steak was well done, no sauce and the standard potatoes. Mine was medium well. His was inedible - he described it as shoe leather. He's never done this before, in the 20 years we've been married, but he called the server over, had her take it away & told her he wanted to be comped for the meal. The manager came over, apologized, comped my husband's meal, gave us free deserts and was very nice.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Diane J
“Great meal!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We are Taos locals and finally got around to trying Martyrs. I wish we had come sooner! The atmosphere is lovely, in a renovated adobe house, and the service was exemplary. The food was excellent. My husband had the filet, and felt it was cooked properly and tasted great. As a vegetarian, I enjoyed the kale salad. They had a vegetarian main dish option. We enjoyed the entire experience and welcome a high end restaurant to town. The prices are what we would expect from an excellent steakhouse, and did not seem extreme. I would like to see a few more side dish vegetable options besides potatoes, but other than that, Martyrs is a keeper! Great bread to start. Beautiful bar. We will be back.

Visited June 2014
San Antonio
“One of the thickest steaks I've seen!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were admitted to this fancy restaurant on a Saturday evening without reservations; the exchange was that we sat outside. Since it was a pleasant evening, that was fine. Overall, the service was a little slow, but the food was wonderful, and they honored our request for no seasonings on the food. One of the vegetables served was yellow beets; they tasted the same as red beets, but unusual. We had the 8 oz. filet Mignon; it was very thick, juicy and tasty. Overall, a great experience!

Visited May 2014
Taos, New Mexico
“Serious fall”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A few months back I wrote a rave review of Martyrs, however, the place has fallen into complete chaos. The Front of the House just cannot seem to get itself together, and now the chef has appeared to have quit caring about the place as well.
I dont even want to go into it, it was so bad. Long wait times, A raw burger, twice, then the same mutilated burger the third time out, 2 hours into service, the place was not full, but I had to ask the server for utensils, the third time, same tortured burger on the Same Greasy Brioche, Stunningly horrid. Everyone on the patio was talking, about how terrible everything was, waiting a long time for drinks, because apparently the servers are also the bartenders and do not have time to make their great cocktail menu, so, you just get your food before the drinks ever arrive.
I did email the chef, because Im local and we spend hundreds on brunches, champagne everytime, its our only time out of our busy careers. He Did not feel it worthy to write me back.
They obviously do not care about losing good clientele. In fact, I dont think they care at all now, about anything.

• Visited April 2014