“Charming Place”

Got a photo?
Add it.
“Charming Place”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We ate in the nice front dining room with a secluded round booth and fireplace. Food was excellent and service was good. My husband really enjoyed the beef stroganoff and I thoroughly enjoyed the cod in a sundried tomato and caper sauce. Rolls were hot and very good. French onion soup was wonderful. The only minus I can see is the limited menu options. They should state on their web page that they also have daily specials. We almost didn't go there because I had looked up the menu online and didn't really see anything I wanted in the entree section. But we decided to try it anyway and were very pleasantly surprised. We will be back!

• Visited February 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“You should try this place!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a little south of town (in the former Damon's). The decor is lovely and gentle music was playing. The service was excellent. The food was spectacular. The escargot were yummy. The rolls were hot. All of us really enjoyed our entrees- the veal Oscar was delicious. The cod in lemon caper sauce was wonderful. Two people had the special---shrimp and scallops in a lobster cream sauce in a puff pastry. It was very good. The only thing I would change would be an optional side of vegetables. The desserts sounded excellent but we were stuffed (and we had leftovers). You really should give this place a try. We intend to go back!

Visited January 2014
Taos, New Mexico
“What a sweet surprise this is!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I didn’t live in Taos during this chef’s original incarnation, but I frequented his ABQ version, Café Miche, for years. Casa Continental is a wonderful Euro-centric, comfortable and affordable restaurant featuring both hard to find and traditional dishes. The Chow-Chow, similar to a Thai yellow curry, is fantastic. You won’t find better escargots this side of the Atlantic. Yummy Stroganoff, tender veal, dangerous desserts. Everything is so flavorful. This is obviously a labor of love!

• Visited January 2014
Taos, New Mexico
“Great meal and great value!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had New year's eve dinner here. We knew the chef and maitre'd from the original Casa Cordova years ago so we knew the food would be excellent which it was but we were really pleased with the prices! Everything from a glass of wine to the wonderful French onion soup right down to the exquisite chocolate mousse is very fairly priced - so nice to have a good meal and no "I overspent' hangover!

• Visited December 2013